What's new

Hit 'em when they're down, Dave. (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I read about this last friday, I think.

It's a bit for him to do this. They pulled his name from the game, and everyone knows that it's not a game in the "Dave Mirra" series, so what does he care?

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
well, like the article says, apparently they used his name to begin with, and then again after it was decided that it wasnt going to be a Mirra title.

I dont recall ever seeing a "misleading" advertisement that showed/said anything about Mirra and this game. What I do remember is all the hoopla in the beginning that surrounded the fact that Dave wasnt going to be involved at all with this game.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I say good for him. The whole basis of the game is degrading and I would like to see Acclaim take another hit on the game which I'm sure they thought would sell like hotcakes just because of the gratuitous nudity.

I personally was still under the impression that it was a Dave Mirra title.

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
I say good for him. The whole basis of the game is degrading and I would like to see Acclaim take another hit on the game which I'm sure they thought would sell like hotcakes just because of the gratuitous nudity.
Agreed 100%.

Hopefully this lawsuit and the weak sales of BMX XXX will keep any other trash titles like it from being made in the near future.

JQ

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Actually I was shocked by this for the same reasons as you guys, I had NO idea that it wasn't a Dave Mirra title and until this lawsuit came up I was still under the impression it was.

I don't know if there's grounds for a lawsuit or not, but it's got more basis than most of them that get filed these days.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
All it takes is for him to lose 1 deal because someone in the advertising business associates Mirra with that "XXX game" (correct or not). Mirra has a pretty clean image, and something that tarnishes his image will affect his endorsements and result in lost $$$.

Mirra was removed from the game fairly late in development - far after Acclaim knew it was going to be a different kind of game.

Go Mirra.

-Dave

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Plain ridiculous. Too many damn lawsuits. I wouldn't even know who Mirra was if it wasn't for the previous games. Now he's suing them for damaging his image? Please, spare me.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure, but I remember reading about Dave Mirra XXX quite a while ago. His name was removed 3 months before release.

-Dave

Allen_Appel

Second Unit
There were ads produced which showed Mirra's image, I remember seeing them in gaming mags, with lots of preview stories about it as well. The salacious content was always mentioned.
Mirra was removed from the game fairly late in development - far after Acclaim knew it was going to be a different kind of game.
It was always going to be this kind of game. It was called "Dave Mirra BMX XXX"! Mirra or his people were smart enough to see that there was a backlash brewing against it and pulled his name. If I were Mirra, I'd be suing more for people thinking I was party to such a crappy-playing/looking game, more than the fact it has some nudity and crude humor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks