What's new

HIT 32UDX10S and XBOX Hi Def pack (1 Viewer)

Jon Duke

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all,

This is my first post on the forum, so hopefully someone can help me out.

I just brought home a Hitachi 32UDX10S, and hooked up my XBOX with the High Definition pack with some 80 buck Monster component cables substituted for the MS ones.

Ok, here's the question... Since this set is HDTV-ready, I would assume that there would be few "jaggies" in my display, unfortunately there are several. I can't tell if I am just being too picky, or what. Is there something that I am doing wrong? Would the Monster Xbox package improve this picture?

Any help would be appreciated!

Duke

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
There will be jags in every game, although to varying degrees. As long as your set is correctly calibrated and you are getting a 480p signal, you are all set.

Give Dead or Alive 3 a whirl for the best picture image available.

-Dave

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Make sure you have the Xbox set up to output the 480p signal. Turn on the Xbox without the a Game in or DVD in it. Then configure the menu to output 480P. Only problem is the menu wont output to 480p, so have to switch to interalce 480i image if you want to change menu again.

Jon Duke

Stunt Coordinator
I have the 'box set up to 480p and 1080, but I guess I am more concerned about the cabling. I'm not looking to start a major war here, but I heard that the MS HD pack is unshielded, and therefore allows more dirty signal in. Any truth to this?

If so, would the Monster Xbox cables be a noticeably better option?

Jon Duke

Stunt Coordinator
on that same note...

would using the S-Video set up (MS or Monster) soften a few of these jaggies, and while not allowing for 480p, allow for not that terrible of a picture on the 32UDX10S?

shane_watson

Stunt Coordinator
i had the ms hd pack,connected via monster video 3,s.expensive i know its kinda like putting a ferrari engine in a cavalier,i got shielded cables but the hd pack unshielded,i had some interferance problems with the pack so i opted for the monstergame 400 components and it seemed to fix the problem,now the only problem is i had to buy the monster cable optical cable made for the gamelink 400,i spent half a day finding it,but its well worth it now.and yes if you have alot of electrical components stacked up like me it pays to get everything shielded.

Patrick Cornel

Auditioning
progressive scan does not eliminate aliasing problems. these are issues handled by game developers. plus, not all games run in progressive scan. Splinter Cell, most notably, does not. For the record, both my Xbox and PS2 look great on my Hitachi 32UDX10S. Panzer Dragoon is an amazing experience, especially when hooked up to a 5.1 sound system.

--PCorn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks