What's new

History of Rock & Roll DVD (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Has anyone picked up the History of Rock & Roll DVDs yet? How are they? Any extras? I'm eager to get them, but my birthday is next week and I dropped hints to everyone I know! Heh heh.

I remember this as being a great mini-series when it aired on PBS in 1995. I'm hoping the DVDs do justice to it, especially the sound.

John Watson

Screenwriter
Just looked at the Amazon listing. Not very informative as to content. There even seems to be some doubt as to which series it is :frowning:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

This is a series that aired on PBS in 1995, and featured interviews with major music stars of the previous 40 years, including Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Madonna, etc., and was produced by Andrew Solt (who directed the feature Imagine: John Lennon in 1988) and Quincy Jones. It was very well done, and covered rock music fairly thoroughly in 10 installments. The DVD has an extra 80 minutes or so, according to specs. There was a VHS release of this about 5 or 6 years ago, I think.

Has anyone seen the discs?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks