History of Ocean County:Seaside heights boardwalk, books?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by DeathStar1, Feb 6, 2006.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Anyone know of any good books or websites with plenty of pictures on these two subjects? A few google searches didn't really reveal what I was looking for..

Thanks

2. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    I looked through M.A.I.N, which is the online libary system for Morris County for you:

Old times : country life in Little Egg Harbor fifty years ago
    Blackman, Leah, 1817-1886.
    Personal Author: Blackman, Leah, 1817-1886.

---------------

Ocean County : four centuries in the making
    Miller, Pauline S., 1918-
    Personal Author: Miller, Pauline S., 1918-
    Title: Ocean County : four centuries in the making / Pauline S. Miller.
    Publication info: Toms River, NJ : Ocean County Cultural & Heritage Commission, c2000.

--------------------

Memories of old Ocean County : selected articles from the Society scroll

Title: Memories of old Ocean County : selected articles from the Society scroll / compiled by Bob Camp.
    Publication info: [Toms River, N.J.] : Ocean County Historical Society, 1998.

-----------------------

Downshore from Manahawkin to New Gretna

Title: Downshore from Manahawkin to New Gretna / [compiled by] The Publications Committee of the Ocean County Historical Society ; Carolyn M. Campbell, chair, ... [et al.]
    Publication info: Dover, N.H. : Arcadia Pub., c1997.

--------------------

The people of Ocean County : a history of Ocean County, New Jersey
    Oxenford, David D.
    Personal Author: Oxenford, David D.
    Title: The people of Ocean County : a history of Ocean County, New Jersey / David D. Oxenford ; edited by Vilma B. Oxenford ; illustrations, Sheila Mickle Kierce.

----------------------

Tides of time in Ocean County [microform]

Title: Tides of time in Ocean County [microform]
    Publication info: [New Jersey?] : Ocean County Principals' Council, 1940.

-----------------------
    A study of the place-names of Ocean County, New Jersey, 1609-1849
    Zinkin, Vivian.
    Personal Author: Zinkin, Vivian.
    Title: A study of the place-names of Ocean County, New Jersey, 1609-1849 / Vivian Zinkin.

---------------------

A history of Monmouth and Ocean Counties, embracing a genealogical record of earliest settlers in Monmouth and Ocean counties and their descendants. The Indians: their language, manners, and customs. Important historical events
    Salter, Edwin, 1824-1888.
    Personal Author: Salter, Edwin, 1824-1888.
    Title: A history of Monmouth and Ocean Counties, embracing a genealogical record of earliest settlers in Monmouth and Ocean counties and their descendants. The Indians: their language, manners, and customs. Important historical events... By Edwin Salter.
    Publication info: Bayonne, N. J., E. Gardner & son, 1890.

----------

Anyway, that is what I found using the library search.

Anyway, if you are in Morris County, you can put them on HOLD and they'll ship to your local libary.

If not, many of them are found in Morristown, so if you're not far away, you can take a trip. If you're interested in a particular book, you can PM me and I can tell you which library has it which you can look at...

Jay