What's new

History of Cinema - 12 DVD set - for $5.94 at Amazon (1 Viewer)

Alvin.G.

Stunt Coordinator
Find it here:

This must be a mistake, but I pre-ordered and it went through. Amazone doesn't list what films are included in the set, but I found it here:
  • The Beloved Rogue
  • Birth of a Nation
  • Cabinet Of Dr Caligari
  • Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
  • The General
  • The Hunchback of Notre Dame
  • Intolerance
  • Metropolis
  • Nosferatu, The Vampire
  • Orphans of the Storm
  • The Phantom of the Opera
  • The Battleship Potemkin

acg

Alvin.G.

Stunt Coordinator
The one thing I'm worried about is the quality of these transfers. The links on the B&N website brings up recent DVDeditions of these films (eg Metropolis) so hopefully the transfers will be good.

acg

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Well, even if the transfers aren't that great, you can't beat the price! I mean .50 per movie? I won't complain....

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
That is beyond interesting. Especially funny is the "93% Off" balloon next to the box art on Amazon's site. To order or not to order, that is the question...

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Screw it. I'm ordering this. I just realized I still have about $4.91 in promotional funds and certificates from Amazon. This one is going to be virtually free + shipping.

Hopefully, when we all receive our copies, we can talk about how this was one of the greatest steals of all-time. :D

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I ordered as well. For $8 shipped I'll take a chance. maybe it's a gem and maybe it's a stinker. We'll just have to see if Amazon honors the price, which is obviously a mistake.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I'm sure they'll cancel this, but it's worth a try. :) I noticed that it's now the #1 selling DVD on Amazon. :laugh:

I ordered 2 of them and the estimated ship date is March 29! I called and the CSR told me that what probably happened was that everyone jumped on it and they might not have enough to ship tomorrow. He also said he thought that price might be a mistake but if you've already ordered they will honor it.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
DVD Price Search lists this as an 8-disc set with a list price of $54.95. Distributor is Delta Entertainment; not, I think, one of the premier dvd companies. I believe you'll get what you pay for.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Something that no one on this thread, including myself, has bothered to do yet:

THANK YOU FOR THE HEADS UP ON THIS DEAL ALVIN!

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter

Execs at Delta are probably shitting in their drawers right now! :) Yes, this is the same company that has been releasing all kinds of confusing DVDs for the old TV series One Step Beyond. They now have 2-, 8- and 12-disc sets of the series. No one knows what's on what volume or how they differ.

This is gonna be weird. But for $6, I think I'll still get more than I paid for.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
That's why sites never honor price-mistakes anymore, because people abuse it. One I can see, but 10? That means you're going to turn around and resell them, and that just seems unethical.

Jon B NY

Stunt Coordinator
Wow! That is amazing! 6 bucks! What a great error on the consumers behalf. Thanks Alvin!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Looks like the price shot back up to $76.

Hope you guys get it for $6. Let us know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks