What's new

History Channel starts production on Top Gear US (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I have hopes this could be good. http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/08/06/history-in-production-with-bbc-on-u-s-version-of-top-gear-hosted-by-adam-ferrara-tanner-foust-and-rutledge-wood/59406
August 6, 2010, Los Angeles, CA – HISTORY(TM) is in production with BBC Worldwide Productions on Top Gear. The series, which showcases an offbeat celebration of automobiles and driving, is set to premiere this fall 2010, and will be hosted by comedian and car buff Adam Ferrara, champion rally and drift racer Tanner Foust and racing analyst Rutledge Wood. Featuring super-cars, extreme stunts and challenges, car reviews and celebrity interviews, Top Gear is the home for anyone with a love of cars. The U.S. version will be chock-full of high-adrenaline action entertainment as it tracks the colorful history of the automobile as well as the eccentric adventures of its hosts with Top Gear’s customary wit and humor. The series harkens back to HISTORY’s very first day, and the network’s very first program ever to air, Automobiles: Corvette. Scott Messick serves as Executive Producer. Top Gear is a co-production between HISTORY and BBC Worldwide. “History of the automobile and the history of America are intimately intertwined – to celebrate one is to celebrate the other,” said Nancy Dubuc, President & GM, HISTORY. “I am thrilled to bring the U.S. version of this massively popular series to our viewers, working with the incredibly talented team at BBC Worldwide Productions. Top Gear is an intelligent, entertaining show – unique and groundbreaking in its format – a perfect match for us.”

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
And this is history how? I'm really getting tired of the crap on this station. I have nothing against "Top Gear", a show I really like, and nothing against an American version. Could be good. I do have something against a cable outfit calling themselves "History" and having truckers, shooters, and drivers. I used to be hooked on what was once called "The History Channel". Not so much any more.

elwaylite

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
I read an article 1-2 weeks ago where more and more channels were branching out. They are starting to lose touch with their base, and then the competing shows irritates me too. Animal Planet has River Monsters which is good, but then they re-show it on Discovery. Now NatGeo has one trying to copy it, but it just plain stinks.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Try History International and The Military Channel to get your history on.

I used to be hooked on what was once called "The History Channel". Not so much any more.

elwaylite

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
It's MTV syndrome. Let's stop showing any music videos on MTV, and create MTV2, MTV3 and MTV100 for that. Even though MTV2 has forgotten what a video is too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks