What's new

Hissing from speakers (1 Viewer)

dyland

Auditioning
Real Name
dylan dietrich
Hey there, I'm a total noob when it comes to this stuff. I just bought myself a system. A Harmon Kardon Reciever, 4 x Soundstage bookshelf speakers, 1 x Soundstage center speaker and a polk audio 12" sub.
I'm getting a white noise/ hissing sound coming from the speakers and a low note coming through the sub as well. I've tried unplugging/replugging everything in. I've tried unplugging everything but the reciever, I've tested all the inputs to no avail.
The hissing/ white noise doesn't go non stop, it will be silent for 5 seconds - 1 minute then start up again. The white noise doesn't get louder when I turn up the speakers, I am absolutely lost on what the problem could be. It could be some sort of electrical interference from somewhere else in my house but if that is the case I won't be able to do much about it.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem could be? Or if it sounds like some sort of electrical interference is there any way to work around that?
I could really use the help as I'm finding it hard to enjoy my new system with this irritating sound in the background.
Any help would be appreciated and solving this would make me very happy.
Thanks again,
- Dylan

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
It sounds like you have a ground loop problem - can learn about them here:
http://www.epanorama.net/documents/groundloop/
So what to do about it?
Here is another article on how to get rid of them..
http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/products/articles/180767.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks