His and Her Room!

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by joseph westcott, Nov 14, 2005.

1. joseph westcott

joseph westcott Second Unit

I thought I would share a warm thank you to everyone on this forum for their help and advice, all my friends who sweated by our sides, and to my wife for making it all possible.

http://community.webshots.com/user/jbwestcott

2. RandyRR

RandyRR Auditioning

Nice furnishings! Bet SHE loves that it's not dedicated HT! [​IMG]

3. joseph westcott

After 21 years of marriage, compromise becomes a second habit.

I think we both got what we wanted.

Thank you for the feedback!

Hurricane Shudders were used for the upper windows due to the 18' ceilings and the arc shaped windows for light control. They operate on RF remotes, along with the rest of the equipment for easy operation.

All the wiring was run through channels cut in the foundation under the vermont maple floors. This was a remodel of a prexisting room so a great deal of wiring, lighting, texturing, painting, patching, flooring floated and isolated, etc. was all done by my wife and I.

We used a flat latex on all the walls but the ceiling.

The audio racks rotate for easy access to the rear of the components.

Black out drapes were used on the lower windows.

All the furniture is very light weight and can be easily moved. The arms and backs are removeable for versatile seating arrangments.

4. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Joseph:

I love the room layout and colors. Very art deco. The floors are gorgeous.

I noticed that you have a Panasonic projector in a rack. Where is the projector in the room?

Parker

5. joseph westcott

Of all the people that have seen these pictures, you are the first to ask.

Due to the high ceilings, running video and power to a ceiling mount was not a real option. I presently have it mounted on an inexpensive stand made from 1 14" pipe and threaded flanges bolted to plywood sitting on the credenza. The mock up design has passed the WAF with a present search for a decorative brushed steel outer sleeve. I will do the finish wood work and stain for the projector box and the juncture to the credenza. I need to send an email to the credenza mfg and see if I can get my hands on a longer run of the material found on the legs of the AV credenza and cocktail table.

This keeps the video cable runs relatively short, accessable, and the projector within its optimal zoom limits. The back wall is 23' from the screen (too far). It sits about 8' up and 18' from the screen for a 100" diagonal.