What's new

Hints of new DVDA titles coming out... (1 Viewer)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
The new Steely Dan and Fleetwood Mac albums released earlier this year were released day and date on CD and DVD-Audio as will the upcoming "Best of REM" disc. New titles recently released or planned for release later this year include albums by Elvis Presley, the Flaming Lips, REM, Annie Lennox, Santana (Shaman and Supernatural) and Iggy Pop, plus several jazz and classical titles.
This was from Enjoy The Music! coverage of HE 2003. See following for more news on DVDA Council as well.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/hifi2003/boylan/sunday/

I'm looking forward to more REM. :)

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I think I've heard about most of those before... "believe it when I see it".

I think it's gonna be real interesting to find out what "Supernatural" will sound like on hi-res, since this is one of those titles that's become one of the key examples of everything that's wrong with CD mastering these days. It's not music I much care for, but I'm hopeful that the DVD-A format will clean up the mastering messes of the CD format. And, as far as CD mastering messes go, this one's a total abomination.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I liked this quote from the article:

I asked John whether we might see DVD-A releases of titles that have already come out on SACD, like, for example Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon, to which John replied with a wink, "Well, you'd have to ask EMI about that..." hmmm. Very mysterious. Let's see how things progress over the next few months.
Looks like DSOTM may actually be on it's way as earlier discussed here.

This is also the first I have heard about additional Elvis titles coming to DVD-A. I know at the beginning of this year RCA released a series of remastered CDs done in DSD, but with no SACD to follow. It looks like we may eventually get more Elvis in both Hi-res formats.

J

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Looks like DSOTM may actually be on it's way as earlier discussed here.
That's quite an extrapolation Justin given the history of the DVDA rumors on this title.

Nevertheless, maybe a DVDA could use the Quad so we can have a 4.0 versus 5.1 controversy. Or better yet...Chesky 6.0! :D

Ryan Chron

Grip
whatever happened to the Megadeth album that was supposed to come out? These release dates are freakin impossible to keep up with. Everything keeps getting delayed.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Justin, when I was a kid in Nashville we once rented a house that was 3 doors down from one that Elvis owned. There were frequently well wishers cruising our street and he was hardly, hardly ever there. I remember the day a woman crashed her auto through the white picket fence and into the house in an attempt to meet him. Again, he wasn't even home!:D We moved when our 6 month lease was up. My dad was looking for a better house and found one. Our street would of been a quiet little city street had it not been for Elvis' crash pad. Best wishes.

P.S. - I have a velvet Kenny Rogers that came from Tijuana and a rather good portrait of Clark Gable from the same place. I didn't buy them they were given to me. I've never been to Tijuana. Juarez, si.... I use the pictures on my sometimes TV shows. Clark Fable, commentator. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks