Hints for First Time Calibration (Avia)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve_Herman, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Steve_Herman

Steve_Herman Auditioning

Hi guys

I'm new to the home theater world. I have a Sony NS700P & A Kenwood HT500 set up. I just bought a 40XBR800 (coming in a few weeks), and I just received the Avia calibration DVD.

I've never delved into a calibration like this, so I was looking for any insight, tips, hints, or cautions before I do so. I'm pretty much a novice beyond Brightness, Contrast, etc.

Any info or links would be a big help.

Thanks!
    Steve

2. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

Steve,

you haven't got responses, probably because there are tons of posts here in SEARCH on Avia and calibrations.

Just get yourself the RadioShack Sound Pressure Level analog meter ($39 or so) and follow the Avia disc's tutorials that walk one thru both audio and video calibrations. Then come back to the forum for fine-tuning tips.

bill

3. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

The disk will walk you through everything pretty simple stuff. Down the road when you get a little more comfortable with your tweaking skills you can get into your service menu & really get the tv looking good with some changes in there.

But this is something I wouldn't consider until you are completely comfortable with what you are doing & know what you are adjusting or you can trash your set.