1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Hills Have Eyes 2

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Haris Ellahi, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Haris Ellahi

Haris Ellahi Second Unit

Who here has seen the movie? Any good? How does it compare to the first one?

2. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

I liked it, not as good as the first. Acting and script are bad, tension and blood are good. I recently reviewed the DVD release for another site.

3. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

It will be released on DVD Tuesday (7-17-07) in both rated and unrated editions.

4. JasonJason

JasonJason Stunt Coordinator

I caught it. It definitely paled in comparison to the one before it (the remake) and the original first movie, but I thought it was better than the original part 2. It was a pretty decent slasher/popcorn flick. Just don't go into it expecting it to be anything special, and you can have fun with it if you want to see a no-thinking slasher flick. The victims were pretty lame, and you certainly don't pull for them to make it in the end (I think the best slasher flicks make you actually feel something when one of your favs gets it - this one didn't). But, the kills were decent and the mutants weren't too bad, so all in all, it's good for a rent. The one aspect I didn't like, and this could be considered to have MINOR SPOILERS (but not really):

I didn't like the fact that they were down in the caves in this one as opposed to in the make-shift town from the last one. I understand why they did it that way, but that town was just so darn creepy from the last movie, that I felt like it really added to it.