Hilarious new pet...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DonnyD, Nov 2, 2002.

1. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

I visited my oldest son yesterday to see his new pet.... a dwarf rabbit. He's had the rab for a couple of weeks and already had several stories to tell.
    My son's wife brought three cats to the union two years ago and my son doesn't really care for them but the SO usually wins that arguement.
    But anyway....the rabbit actually belongs to another family member but my son is keeping it for a while. Some funny stories are beginning to evolve..... The rabbit had been kept outside in a cage but is now inside my son's home. They noticed that the rabbit always went back to the cage for his "duties".... in other words, already housebroken. Then the cats couldn't stnd it anymore... they wanted a closer look. Of course, these cats are pampered and allowed to roam at will and you know what a cat's "attitude"is anyway. Well, the rabbit sat still until they got very close trying to check it out, then erupted suddenly, was so fast that it actually surrounded the cats and was snapping at their undrbellies before they could move! This rabbit is so fast that the cats just don't have a chance. It terrorizes the cats at every chance. It was so funny to watch the rabbit roam around the LR but the cats were nowhere to be seen. Needless to say, this rabbit has become my son's HERO! He says it is extrememly clean and certainly keeps the cats at bay.
    He sure has me wanting one of these little dwarfs. It is actaully about 8" long and maybe 4" tall and weight about 2.5 lbs. Very short ears too. Apparently it is a special breed, as it is tattoed in its ear for ID and cost about 200 bucks.
    If it doesn't like cats, it would be my hero too.

2. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Sounds like a pet I'd love ..... if it weren't for the $200 price tag.
    Brent
    I guess it helps that I don't like cats[​IMG]

3. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

My best friends youngest sister has one of those rabbits, and it too roams the house like a cat. That thing is pretty dam cute too, but it doesn't terrorize any of the other pets they have.

4. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

5. Rich Romero

Rich Romero Supporting Actor

I wouldn't recommend paying for a dog. Going to your local humane society is the best place to start due to the fact they eventually will put all of the animals to sleep. All depends on if your looking for a full breed dog to show off or you just want a companion no matter what. I fall into the category of the latter. [​IMG]