Highwaymen - Any word on a DVD release?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Scotty_McW, May 31, 2004.

1. Scotty_McW

Scotty_McW Second Unit

I saw this preview on my Texas Chainsaw Massacre DVD and have been looking forward to it. I just found out today though that it had a very limmited theatrical release. Anyone have any idea on when a DVD will be out?

2. TomWoodward

TomWoodward Second Unit

Out the 24th August - few more details here

3. Scotty_McW

Scotty_McW Second Unit

Thanks Tom.

I'm really looking forward to this one, eventhough it's a very bare bones disc.

4. Scotty_McW

Scotty_McW Second Unit

Thanks Tom.

I'm really looking forward to this one, eventhough it's a very bare bones disc.

5. Rob Dwyer

Rob Dwyer Stunt Coordinator

DRAT.

I saw "Highwaymen" and thought it was gonna be about the old 80s show where the helicopter came out of the back of the semi truck.

Oh well.

6. Rob Dwyer

Rob Dwyer Stunt Coordinator

DRAT.

I saw "Highwaymen" and thought it was gonna be about the old 80s show where the helicopter came out of the back of the semi truck.

Oh well.

7. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

I was very excited about this film, as Harmon directed my third favorite film of all time, The Hitcher, and this looked right up my alley. I saw it opening day and liked it a lot, but it could've been better. The main problem was the film's length. I'm almost certain a lot was cut out of this film. Anyways, I'm really disappointed with New Line in their treatment of this movie. They opened it only here in Texas and I believe New Mexico, and now the DVD has zero features. The trailer is definitely worthless, as all the New Line discs I've bought within the last year have the trailer on them. They even opted for an awful cover when they had the awesome poster art.

8. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

I was very excited about this film, as Harmon directed my third favorite film of all time, The Hitcher, and this looked right up my alley. I saw it opening day and liked it a lot, but it could've been better. The main problem was the film's length. I'm almost certain a lot was cut out of this film. Anyways, I'm really disappointed with New Line in their treatment of this movie. They opened it only here in Texas and I believe New Mexico, and now the DVD has zero features. The trailer is definitely worthless, as all the New Line discs I've bought within the last year have the trailer on them. They even opted for an awful cover when they had the awesome poster art.

9. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I just borrowed this from someone and the left and right surround channels are reversed! There's several parts where a car drives off the right side of the screen and is heard from the left surround channel. This has both DTS and Dolby 5.1 tracks and they both have the channels reversed, there's a Foolscreen version on the disc with both tracks and those are reversed as well. I can't imagine they meant it to sound like that, though I never saw it theatrically.