What's new

Highway To Heaven(UNCUT) Sn. 2? (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I heard news a while back that season 2 of Highway TO Heaven from Mill Creek was coming out in October. I can't find a pre-order page on Amazon to order it. Has anyone heard news on this title?

Walsh61

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garth Lough
It's listed on Mill Creek's site with a release date of 10/1/13.

I just pre-ordered it from christianbook.com.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Walsh61 said:
It's listed on Mill Creek's site with a release date of 10/1/13.

I just pre-ordered it from christianbook.com.
Thank you. I may go that route if it doesn't show up on Amazon soon.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i would love to get the complete series on DVD whenever it is released. I love the show as a kid!! Michael Landon and Victor French had great chemistry.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I got season 2 in the mail today. Something didn't look right on the cover. Where the season one set said UNCUT broadcast episodes, season 2 states: Original broadcast edit. Translation, Syndicated cut with episodes clocking in at about 45 minutes. I'm disappointed in Mill Creek. I thought it was their mission to release all of the seasons in their uncut original format. They must have had a change of heart. Nothing I can do about except wish things turned out better.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
That's a shame about season 2. I cancelled my order for now as I rethink my options. My assumption was that Mill Creek made a deal with Revelation in the UK since they have been releasing HWTH this year uncut. Maybe that deal fell through for the later seasons, I don't know.

Earlier in the year when I checked Amazon UK they were not available for shipping to the US (because they were distributed by revelation), but now I see you can get them shipped from Amazon UK at a higher price mark. I may have to go the UK route since they also spread out across more disks.

The odd part is that when checking the times on Amazon UK per episode across the seasons I get: season 1 (49 min), season 2 (48 min), season 3 (47.5 min), and season 4 (45 min). Does anyone know if that is correct for uncut episodes? Or are the revelation releases also syndicated as the season releases progressed.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
smithbrad said:
Earlier in the year when I checked Amazon UK they were not available for shipping to the US (because they were distributed by revelation), but now I see you can get them shipped from Amazon UK at a higher price mark. I may have to go the UK route since they also spread out across more disks.
Have you checked Amazon UK's third party sellers? They seem to have the sets for reasonable prices, and ship internationally.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Where the season one set said UNCUT broadcast episodes, season 2 states: Original broadcast edit. Translation, Syndicated cut with episodes clocking in at about 45 minutes.
I noticed that disclaimer but didn't really pay attention to it. I can't believe these are not uncut episodes- have you checked the runtimes or are you just speculating on how long they are?! How could they release season 1 with uncut episodes but not season 2?!

Walsh61

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garth Lough
Bryan^H said:
I got season 2 in the mail today. Something didn't look right on the cover. Where the season one set said UNCUT broadcast episodes, season 2 states: Original broadcast edit. Translation, Syndicated cut with episodes clocking in at about 45 minutes. I'm disappointed in Mill Creek. I thought it was their mission to release all of the seasons in their uncut original format. They must have had a change of heart. Nothing I can do about except wish things turned out better.
I'm pretty sure you're mistaken Bryan. Season Two has THE EXACT same thing on the cover as Season One did - THE ORIGINAL BROADCAST EDITS. These are UNCUT episodes that originally aired during the show's initial broadcast. You have nothing to fear. Season Two is getting the same kind of release as Season One did.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Walsh61 said:
I'm pretty sure you're mistaken Bryan. Season Two has THE EXACT same thing on the cover as Season One did - THE ORIGINAL BROADCAST EDITS. These are UNCUT episodes that originally aired during the show's initial broadcast. You have nothing to fear. Season Two is getting the same kind of release as Season One did.
Sorry, Garth but Bryan is correct. If you look at the covers posted on Amazon season one clearly states UNCUT in bold while season 2 does not. It s a minor difference but a potentially important one. Also, Bryan has season 2 in his hands, so he may have actually checked the running times, but it would be worth finding out to make sure.

Bryan, have you verified the times included on season 2 yet, or were you making an initial assumption based on the differences in the label?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
View attachment 4788

086.JPG

079.JPG

From 2 different episodes on the second disc. The others clocked in at 45:02, and 45:19

Attachments

• 082.JPG
    082.JPG
    212.2 KB · Views: 99

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Hey guys,

I sent off an email to Mill Creek and this is the reply they sent back:
Our understanding with the content provider is for them to provide us for release the unedited versions of the program. Unfortunately, this is dependent upon the content provider having those assets available to us. The removal of the word ‘Uncut’ from the cover is to reflect the possibility of any edits that may have been done by the content provider prior to them sending us the masters for our use in manufacturing. While we have no confirmation that any edits were indeed done to the masters by the content provider, we felt it would best to remove any possible misunderstandings that could occur with the labeling.
They avoided directly answering the question but based on this slick corporate speak I would say that Season 2 does not contain uncut episodes. :angry:

Walsh61

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garth Lough
Thanks guys for the heads up. I assumed ORIGINAL BROADCAST EDITS meant just that - but apparently that's not the case. I just canceled my order as well.

Enduring the video quality on Season One was tolerable if the episodes were uncut, but if they can't even confirm Season Two is uncut then it's a deal breaker for me until I find out more.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
I am on the fence with this one and haven't decided yet whether to buy Season 2. I cannot stand edited episodes but on the other hand this release is selling for very cheap ($10. at Wal-Mart) and who knows if you will ever see it re-released again?! I don't understand why they were able to obtain the original uncut episodes for season 1 but not season 2- I wonder what the remaining seasons, if they are released, will contain?!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I would have taken a drop in the video quality in order to have the uncut episodes as well.

Al_D

Stunt Coordinator
I would have purchased the set. At this point, I do not really have any need for it as I already have the cut A&E set. Very disappointed!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I checked the episode times with my original R1 S2 set. Here's the info for anyone that has the Mill Creek S2 set to compare times:

D1

45:1448:1545:0045:05

D2

45:0845:0545:1245:00

D3

45:2145:1445:1445:14

D4

44:5145:0345:0945:11

D5

45:1244:5745:0445:11

D6

45:1345:0944:1444:11

Walsh61

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garth Lough
So what we have then is the following (based on what Bryan and Jeff have submitted) -

MILL CREEK SET A&E SET
Disc Two Disc Two
Episode #1 - 45:09 Episode #1 - 45:08
#2 - 45:02 #2 - 45:05
#3 - 45:19 #3 - 45:12
#4 - 45:24 #4 - 45:00

I wonder how the other Mill Creek discs stack up next to the A&E Set?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks