Highlander TV Movie DVD's MAR

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Tony_Faville, Jun 19, 2004.

1. Tony_Faville

Tony_Faville Supporting Actor

Okay, I just received the set of 3 Highlander TV Movie DVD's for reviewing and they are MAR'd, matted to be widescreen, chopping alot off the top and bottom of the picture. I'm not as astute as some of you are in regards to Aspect Ratio's and such but this is pretty obvious. I grabbed a screenshot from the Season Box set and the new DVD so you can see the difference:

OAR
    [​IMG]

MAR
    [​IMG]

2. Tony_Faville

Okay, I just received the set of 3 Highlander TV Movie DVD's for reviewing and they are MAR'd, matted to be widescreen, chopping alot off the top and bottom of the picture. I'm not as astute as some of you are in regards to Aspect Ratio's and such but this is pretty obvious. I grabbed a screenshot from the Season Box set and the new DVD so you can see the difference:

OAR
    [​IMG]

MAR
    [​IMG]

3. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

I used to watch that show, but I don't remember any Highlander TV movies. (But I stopped watching toward the end of the series, so maybe they came out then.)

4. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

I used to watch that show, but I don't remember any Highlander TV movies. (But I stopped watching toward the end of the series, so maybe they came out then.)

5. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

BMPs? Those files are about 20 times bigger than they need to be, you might want to at least link to them or compress them to jpeg or similar.

6. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

BMPs? Those files are about 20 times bigger than they need to be, you might want to at least link to them or compress them to jpeg or similar.

7. Will_B

Will_B Producer

They are known as the "tv movies" but really they're just a trio of two-parter episodes which were edited together for VHS, given new opening credits, and fake letterboxing. The trio are: Finale (which is NOT the finale of the series, its just the name), Counterfeit, and Unholy Alliance. They're all quite good, but as long as they're in the box sets already no need for these (except for casual fans looking to just pick up a few of the best). Too bad they kept the fake letterboxing though.

8. Will_B

Will_B Producer

They are known as the "tv movies" but really they're just a trio of two-parter episodes which were edited together for VHS, given new opening credits, and fake letterboxing. The trio are: Finale (which is NOT the finale of the series, its just the name), Counterfeit, and Unholy Alliance. They're all quite good, but as long as they're in the box sets already no need for these (except for casual fans looking to just pick up a few of the best). Too bad they kept the fake letterboxing though.

9. Tony_Faville

Ah well, excuse me. Did not pay attention to the extension PowerDVD used.

10. Tony_Faville

Ah well, excuse me. Did not pay attention to the extension PowerDVD used.

11. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

Not that it matters (since they are MAR and I'm buying the season sets anyway), but I'm curious...are these "widescreen" versions anamorphic?

12. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

Not that it matters (since they are MAR and I'm buying the season sets anyway), but I'm curious...are these "widescreen" versions anamorphic?