What's new

Highlander: The Series Season 2 on DVD (1 Viewer)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Visited the official site, highlander.official.com and saw that Season 2 is available NOW on DVD for just under $100.
I can't believe none of the dvd sites I visit regularly mentioned this. I'd have had this on my Christmas list had I realized.

I don't remember if that's cheaper than Season 1 went for originally on the site or not. I know Anchor Bay's re-relase was supposed to be cheaper. Don't know for sure if they'll follow the same release pattern or not.

Does anyone know if Anchor Bay IS going to release it later, cheaper, as they did with S1? If so, I'll hold off and save some dough.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Nothing's official with Anchor Bay yet, but I'd guess that they'll put it out. Seems to be moving rather well at least at local best buys

If rumors are true they'll be putting out seasons 2 and 3 this year, so hopefully AB will be able to follow 6 months after the website

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I know "Highlander" is a bit older than some of the other series hitting DVD, but does anyone know if any of the series was shot widescreen? Just wondering if we could see 16:9 transfers on some later series.
I know the Highlander folks released some of the two-parters of the show as movie-packs on VHS years ago, and they were presented in widescreen. Whether they were truly widescreen or they just slapped some black bars on the transfers to try to be cool I don't know.
Just hoping if some of the show was meant to be seen widescreen that they won't miss the boat.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
the Highlander folks released some of the two-parters of the show as movie-packs on VHS years ago, and they were presented in widescreen.
Donna L, the most chatty former Highlander writer on the newsgroup (and the most irritating - she's tends to goad people into buying the overpriced web-only versions of the DVDs even when everyone but her knows full well that Anchor Bay will be releasing cheaper versions later) said that the trio of re-edited "2-parters" were in fake widescreen.

However it seems unlikely that a show's writer would know such things for sure, and her trustworthyness as I mentioned leaves something to be desired.

But it was such a slight form of widescreen (just a tad on top and bottom) that I wondered if it might simply be the ever-so-slightly different PAL ratio.

In either case, it wasn't really widescreen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks