Highlander Series 1, being redone!?!?!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rhett_Y, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

Ok this sucks for me anyway, I was one of the early ones who bought the first season when it came out on dvd, and now I read that anchor bay will be redoing the complete first season....AHHHHHHH This just sucks (having to spend $80.00 plus more dollors from something I already own), at least the price will be lower and hopefully they improve on the picture and sound quailty.. At least they can tell us when the second season is coming out!

Ok....Im done!
    R~

2. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

All Anchor Bay Home Video is doing is repackaging the set with new cases and artwork. Everything that came with the set previously will be in the AB version.

3. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

From anchor bay website:

"The eight DVDs in this collection contain sparkling new transfers of all 22 first-season episodes with new Dolby 5.1 Surround sound audio."

Does this mean it will be the same as on the first release of season 1?

Thanks
    R~

4. Will_B

Will_B Producer

It's exactly the same, just different packaging, from the web-only version. Next up (via the web first) is a best-of box that contains some of the better eps from the whole series, and then season 2.

The script coordinator (or some such position) for the series, Donna Letto, is as usual at work on the newsgroup misleading people into thinking they'll only be available on the web. Fool me once, shame on me...

5. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I think that the Panzer et al have figured out that we will no longer pay $150 for their sets. EVERYONE knew these would hit retail eventually and just bided their time.

Since they allowed this, they're going to make huge bank, and if they can find enough people willing to pay full price online, so be it too

6. Carlos V III

Carlos V III Stunt Coordinator

I've done a search here and been to the Official and Anchor Bay web sites and no where does it say whether these are the American or European aired versions (with the additional gore and gratutitous T&A :b ).
    Does anyone know which versions will be on this boxed set?

7. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

The European versions are on the DVD set.

8. Carlos V III

Carlos V III Stunt Coordinator

Thank You! [​IMG]
    I can't believe that this information isn't mentioned anywhere?