What's new

Highlander Season Sets Street Dates (1 Viewer)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Hi all....

The Bits is reporting the rest of the street dates for the rest of the seasons of Highlander the tv series:

Also, you Highlander fans might like to know that the entire TV series is expected to be released on DVD from Anchor Bay by the end of next year. Look for Season Three this November, Season Four in March, Season Five in July and Season Six in November 2004.
Stay tuned...

Can't wait!!!!
R~

Haden

Supporting Actor
I wonder if they'll bother to release the single season of Highlander: Raven too. What a waste of a series that was :)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I'm there for all five seasons (I ignore season six)!!
I'd heard that originally, season 6 was to have been set in the near future, say 20 years down the line from where season 5 left off.

That interesting idea was nixed at the last minute due to budget concerns. Would have been an interesting way to end the series.

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
I'm not a fan of the show but that is a fantastic release schedule Anchorbay USA has cooked up. Other companies (especially Universal and Fox!!) take note. :D

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I just noticed that in addition to the Season Four set out now, and the remaining seasons due out soon, Anchor Bay is also going to roll out three individual two-parters-on-one-disc from the Highlander series:

On May. 25th, they'll be issuing FINALE - which is not the finale of the series, it is simply titled FINALE (Macleod's arch enemy, Kalas, is safely tucked away doing life in prison - until Amanda "cleaverly" busts him out, trying to finally take his head. But things don't work out as she planned and now Kalas is free - and seeking revenge), COUNTERFEIT, and UNHOLY ALLIANCE.

No word on whether these are newly created from the remastered series episodes, or if they simply used the VHS masters (when these three titles had been released as stand-alones on VHS, they added some cheesy opening credits, and even tried to matte the picture ever-so-slightly to create a false widescreen impression -- hopefully these WONT be the source for these 3 new DVDs).

This info comes secondhand, from someone on ebay trying to sell advance orders of these. But they did picture cover art, so it looks like it may be real.

Myself, I think I'm going to go for the whole season sets, but these 3 2-parters were excellent episodes and well deserving of being released as stand-alones.

Jimmy M

Second Unit
According to the Official Highlander website, all 6 seasons are already available from them directly. However, they list season 6 as being 7 discs which contains 22 episodes. I'm thinking their info is a bit off, since season 6 only had 13 episodes...

Jimmy!

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
What's the attraction?
What's the need to post that? You also started a separate (now closed) thread saying only the same thing quoted above. I can't stand A LOT of television programs myself (do you hear me "reality" television?), but don't feel the need to point this out to those who are fans of these shows.

I guess some people just need to be instigators... :rolleyes

Anyway...

I see that some places have Highlander: Season 6 listed for release in June...but I can't find anything on Season 5. Could someone post the release schedule?

Thanks!

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
I'm just wondering if I should get the set that's all.. and I'm doing some investigating.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I'm just wondering if I should get the set that's all.. and I'm doing some investigating
Ah, well if you were seriously asking then here it is:

You'll like Highlander if you like Angel.

You'd also like Highlander if you liked Forever Knight.

Be aware that Highlander season one however is very 1980s bright colored -- the show did not set its darker tone with the longer story arcs until season 2. So don't let season one throw you.

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
I enjoyed the television series when it aired and am in the process of watching Season 4 right now. I have the other 3 seasons and will get the last remaining 2 when they are released.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Never watched Angel or Forever Knight.
Now I know you're kidding.

If you liked the first Batman movie you'll like Highlander. Hero with a secret, fighting darkness, dealing with the effects this responsibility wreaks upon his personal life, trying to balance his desire for peace with his responsibility to kill.

And in season two onward it costars Jim Byrnes, who played Lifeguard in the tv series Wiseguy (remember, the mafia show with Ken Wahl and Kevin Spacey?).

Highlander the Series is sort of a continuation of the FIRST Highlander film. Do not watch Highlander 2 or Highlander 3 as they are not considered to be part of the Highlander story.

In general, people say that the Highlander tv series is more mature and dramatic than the original film, though you won't know that from season one.

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
To answer the question about The Raven, yes, it is coming soon. It will be available from the Highlander official site in April 2005.

Also, Highlander Season 6 is available from there as well, just picked it up for less than $40.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks