Highlander Season One will now be sold in stores!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Floto, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

For those of you who didn't want to pay the high price of the Highlander: The Series season one boxset that was offered by the online Highlander Store...you are now in luck. According to The Digital Bits, it will be distributed by Anchor Bay, and is set to arrive in stores before the year is out.
    I fortunately got my set for Christmas, but hopefully this will sell well once it is in stores (for a better price?), and then the following season sets will soon be announced...?

2. Chris M

Chris M Second Unit

Yup, looking forward to it! I just hope the price is reasonable, more like Buffy Season 2 pricing than ST:TNG pricing [​IMG] (dreaming, I know)
    Chris.

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Or, if you can't wait, get it for $99.95 before midnight Pacific time on 6/27. Check here!

4. Rand

Rand Supporting Actor

I'd been waiting for this since it's release. Finally last week I decided it wasnt' happening and didn't want to miss my chance to get it at all so I subjected myself to the horrible experiance and expense of buying it from Panzer-Davis. Now this. [​IMG]

5. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I'm guessing future seasons will have at least a 6month web exclusive window

6. Will_B

Will_B Producer

I'm glad I waited.

7. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

About time they did this. There's no way that I'm going to purchase through their website...in US funds.[​IMG] I just hope that the price is reasonable over on this side of the border. Looking forward to this set. For some reason, Space (Canada's version of the SCI-FI Channel) shows episodes from Season 2 thru 6 only. This set will be my first exposure to Highlander's first season. Hope it comes soon.

8. Chris M

Chris M Second Unit

Joseph, I believe Anchor Bay produces their Canadian DVD's IN Canada, which means that unlike Criterion, Image and Rhino, the prices should be affordable for us. This is definatley good news.

Chris.

9. Vlad D

Vlad D Screenwriter

Vladimir Derenoncourt
    Great news, I can't wait. BTW how many seasons were there?

10. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

11. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

Sort of... Season 6 only had about eleven episodes...and only about half of those had MacLeod in them!
    I loved this show, and will happily continue to purchase seasons 2 through 5... [​IMG]

12. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    One of my favorite shows! I am looking forward to getting them. I just wish they could be 16x9 transfers like seasons 5 and up are for the X-Files. Oh well, i will still get them!

13. Andrea W

Andrea W Supporting Actor

Would it be worth it to replace my season tapes with the DVDs?

Also, have they fixed the problems people were reporting when this set was first released?

14. Gerry A

Gerry A Agent

"I loved this show, and will happily continue to purchase seasons 2 through 5... "
    I'd gladly buy 1 to 6! [​IMG] It is true that Season 6 was a bit wonky, with test pilots for spinoffs passing themselves off as Highlander episodes, but man, I just loved the last 2 episodes. If I can get them as a separate DVD I will.

15. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I'd happily buy Season 6 for The final two episodes as well as the Methos/Joe buddy episode. Those were decent episodes IMHO.[​IMG]

16. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Joseph,

I read that Space doesn't show season 1 because that season doesn't fall under "Canadian content". Since they need to have a certain number of credits (earned by showing Canadian shows), they choose to air the other seasons. My theory is that this is why they have Space News and other short clips and cut back on the commericals. Those short 5-7 mins pieces shown during primetime help them earn the Canadian Credits they need. I believe I read that on the Space website, but I have no idea where, or even if it's still around.

Gord