Highlander SE?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul E. Fox II, Dec 20, 2001.

1. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II Second Unit

Hey guys and gals,
    Just wanted to know if anyone has any news on the re-release of Highlander in SE form? I seem to remember reading about this a while back, but can't seem to locate any news on it's release date.

2. Chris M

Chris M Second Unit

I heard it was supposed to be out in January, but I haven't heard anything since.

Chris.

3. Brian Ralph

Brian Ralph Stunt Coordinator

4. Paul E. Fox II

Thanks for the info guys. I gave my Old DVD copy of Highlander away today and was looking at how long it would be before the new edition hit the streets.

5. Dave Ringkor

Dave Ringkor Stunt Coordinator

This is great news! Excellent movie, worst DVD ever made. Usually when I 'upgrade' to a SE of a movie I already have, I give the old copy to a friend or family member. But with Highlander, I'll probably just throw the old DVD away.

6. Mike Gariepy

Mike Gariepy Stunt Coordinator

So this is a THIRD version of the Highlander DVD? Why couldn't they get it right the first (or at least second) time!

7. Jeff Bamberger

Jeff Bamberger Second Unit

Why the F is this list priced at 39.99????

There are countless 2-disc SEs out there priced far less. I mean, come on, even Gump, a great SE, came out in the mid $20s. I just don't understand why this has to be priced so high. That sucks.

Rant over. Can't wait to pick this up. Never bought the original and held out!!!

8. Paul E. Fox II

9. David Illingworth II

David Illingworth II Second Unit

Does anyone actually know what is on this disc? I would like to have the commentary from the original release because I heard that one was pretty good. Surely, the director's cut is the version they're releasing. Maybe they're just doing the movie on disc 1 and all the extras on the other disc in order to ensure that the notoriously bad transfer doesn't happen again.