Higher than 7 channel

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Jameson Richard, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Jameson Richard

Jameson Richard Auditioning

i have been looking around for a receiver that can do a 8.2 set-up... i dont know if i am seaching for something that is not there... i am getting ready to set up a theater room and i want to invest most of the money in the budget to the receiver... just woundering if you all knew of one?

2. FeisalK

FeisalK Screenwriter

I'd split the budget between a processor and real good amplification. processors these days get obsolete pretty quickly with new/upgraded connections, sound formats and processing functionality, and in a receiver you are tied to both processor and amplifiers

3. Robert Ham

Robert Ham Agent

I think the YAMAHA RX-V2600 will do this, It will do 9.1. 4 front speakers, plus Center, 4 rear speakers plus Sub Woofer. That is 9 plus 1 or 9.1! :b :b [​IMG]

4. John Titan

John Titan Stunt Coordinator

It's actually only 7.1 The presence speakers only work on certain sound-fieds (specific one's only). When the presence speakers are used the back rear surrounds are turned off. He can run the two sets in front off the A&B channel but I believe that will cut his front power by roughly half in order to run the two sets. But just about any receiver with A&B channels can do that. It's not a true 9.1 I guess you could call it 9.1 matrix. Now the RX-Z1 is an 8 channel amp & The RX-Z9 is a 9 channel amp But as far as I can this allows you to run A&B channels at the same time with no power loss. But they cost 3000& 5000$ respectively ( I would say it isn't worth it )

5. Robert Ham

Robert Ham Agent

Yes, you are correct, and well satated!!!

6. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

Yep, pretty much. Your main problem is that no material is recorded in that format yet. I know the software used in high-end studios can record in 10.2, but there's no real set standard for that. Depending on your budget, I would go with the suggestion above with separates. That way, when the new formats come out you only have to replace the processor and can keep your amp (although you may have to add additional amps if you are adding more channels).