Higher quality mini stereo cables?

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Josh Varghese, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Josh Varghese

Josh Varghese Stunt Coordinator

I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of cables are in the picture in this link (the cable connecting the cd player to the amp)? Brand? Where to get them? Price?

http://headwize2.powerpill.org/proje...=cmoy2_prj.htm

Do you think its better to use cables like this when dealing with a dedicated amp and higher quality headphones?

Thanks
    Josh

2. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

which figure in particular are you looking at?

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Chu, judging by the title of the thread, “Higher quality mini stereo cables?“ I expect he means the cable between the CD player and the headphone amp.

Josh, judging by the connector ends, it looks to me like a custom-made cable.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

4. Kevin Farley

Kevin Farley Second Unit

5. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

If you mean the braided one Wayne, I didn't see anything in particular special about it.

6. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Hmmm... your monitor must have better resolution than mine, Chu – I can’t see any braiding. [​IMG] I’m talking about the one on the left, the short one with the silver connectors, between the CD player and headphone amp. I doubt there’s anything special about it (I’m with you – I generally don’t believe in that kind of stuff [​IMG] ), but it looks custom-made to me, not something off-the-shelf that Josh will be able to pick up somewhere.

However, I’m guessing it’s got a stereo 1/8” mini plug on both ends – not much good for anything but the shown application.

Josh, your best bet to find this cable is probably to contact the creator of the site at [email protected].

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

7. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

You're right! That's what I get for relying on long term memory Wayne. I was recalling the picture just below A6. At the top of the page, which I forgot is the pic of the player going into the amp. The mini cables, as in Kevin's link look like they'll do the job, but I think you could pick up something pretty inexpensive over at Guitar Center.

8. Jerry Parker

Jerry Parker Stunt Coordinator

I built that same amp for my Sennheiser HD-600 headphones. It sounds fine, identical to my reciever's headphone jack. :wink:

Mine uses RCA plugs for the inputs though, so I just built a cable using MCM branded coax with teflon dialectric and Neutrik gold plated RCA plugs. [​IMG]