What's new

High School U.S.A. is actually out on dvd!!! (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I was shopping at my local wal mart the other day, and in the 5.00 dvd bin i saw a lone copy of this film . It stars Michael J. Fox, it has 2.0 mono sound, fullscreen transfer. Its released by a company called Hearst Entertainment.Good luck trying to find it, because i think this is a rare find since i never saw it at any other store. The transfer looks slightly better than how the film looked on tv.:)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Like i said wal mart is your best bet in the 5.00 bin, no online retailers list it anymore, if you want it real bad every now and then e bay has it, but i wouldnt trust them, theyll probably send you a bootleg.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Hearst releases a lot of TV movies on DVD. You can find them at Wal Marts and other retail stores, but they can't really be found online.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
The funny thing is even though i own high school usa , i want to get a copy for my sister, but no luck anywhere . Like i said it was the lone copy. Maybe oop already/?:frowning:

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I've got to have this!

I don't know if I'm more surprised that it has been released, or that I'm not the only one who wants it.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Imagine the audio commentary possibilities this movie has! They could have one with Michael.J.Fox, alongside Nancy Mc.Keon, another with Cripin Glover and the Chuckie guy! I know , im dreaming.Love that famous quote......... At least we still have the girls, girls? girls?:D

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Imagine for a moment , if a studio like Anchor Bay would get the rights to this movie, what a great special edition it would be.

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor
I received my copy from Deepdiscount -- for $6, this is great! The transfer is surprisingly good...I've seen many a terrible transfer on those bargain-basement DVDs, and this is actually really good...well worth hunting down.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
If a public domain company like hearst entertainment can release this, why not release the other Michael j fox/Nancy mckeon tv movie, poison ivy? Same rights holder too, nbc .

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I remember POISON IVY. I liked that even more.

You can now find HIGH SCHOOL USA in the dollar stores, in the paper sleeves for 99 cents. Very odd artwork, just a speeding car or something on the cover. Can't even tell if it is the same movie without looking at the back.

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor
Hearst isn't a "public domain" company per se. They do own the rights to some movies, TV series, etc. and apparently this is one of them.

serenapowell

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Serena
I found this movie at Amazon.ca and bought it from a Marketplace Seller! Hasn't arrived yet - I just hope it's in a real DVD case instead of a cardboard or paper sleeve... 'cause I paid a lot more than $5. :) But I couldn't find it in my local Wal Mart's bargain bins...so I had no choice. Love Michael J. Fox and can't wait to see an early movie of his that I've never seen! I do remember seeing Poison Ivy long ago and I really wish that was on DVD too. It's so cool to find a rare TV movie on DVD.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Although Disney was so embarassed of releasing a PG movie at the time, the Disney name was nowhere on it. Even the first VHS release was just a plain white box, with no company logo or anything.

I finally got the DVD of it last week. Disney's name is now on it.

Technically, 1978's TAKE DOWN was the first PG Disney, but they didn't produce that, just distributed it. They didn't even release it to video, another company did.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks