What's new

Directors High School Tournament (1 Viewer)

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
And the winner is...................Phoebe's boobs

Fast Times At Ridgemont High Beats Dazed and Confused 10 to 1 and wins the High School Tournament, or did it????

It seems like a lot of people did not like the finalist. Here is a chance to right this so called wrong in the
Second Chance Round

Here is how this works
If I can get Five people to vote for the same movie out of the masters list, It will have a chance to go up against the Champ Fast Times At Ridgemont High
What ever the movie you chose it must not have faced it earlier in the tournament.
You have 24 hours to make your choice.
If I don't have five votes in by 24 hours this Tournament is over.

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
Just for everyone's reference, this is what Fast Times has faced up against already:
The Breakfast Club
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
Heathers
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Dazed and Confused

I personally think Fast Times is a fine winner. It's a little cheesy and dated, but it covers a lot of different aspects of high school and does so with a degree of honesty. The only other contender that comes close is Breakfast Club, but I already voted for FT@RH in that matchup (mainly because I found the last 30 minutes of Breakfast Club to be not at all realistic).

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
I'm with Chuck on this one. Times is probably just as good as any. But, just for fun, I'll throw a vote back out to Porky's.

Many more boobs in that one. Plus Kim nudity too.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
A. Excellent tournament. Thanks!

B. I've no problem with the winner, as I think it truly is one of the best High School Movies ever.

C. I'll second Election. What a great movie that is!

JenB

Screenwriter
Good job, Mike! :)

Personally, I would have preferred to see Grease get to and win the final round. It definitely got fairly close.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Another vote for Election though I'm perfectly happy with Phoebe's boobs...er, I mean Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Wes C

Supporting Actor
I was sad to see Rusmore go so early, as it was my favorite movie from the list.

But I guess I can sort of see the argument that its not a typical high school movie.

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
I'm quite pleased with the results. Fast Times is my favorite movie all time, so of course I'm happy.

The best match was when it went against The Breakfast Club. That was the true Final, IMO.

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
Fast Times At Ridgemont High is the undisputed heavy weight champ of High School Movies.

Thank you all for playing. I hope you all had fun playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks