1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

High Road To China will probably be out soon

Discussion in 'DVD' started by John_Berger, Jun 1, 2003.

1. John_Berger

John_Berger Cinematographer

Here's how I spent my day today.
    • Captured High Road To China from my laserdisc (over S-Video so it looks gorgeous)
    • Normalized the audio to provide optimal volume
    • Generated a pseudo-stereo track just for the hell of it (although I'll have one mono and one pseudo-stereo DVD)
    • Spent the past five hours scanning and Photoshop-ing the laserdisc cover to make a DVD cover that looks identical to the laserdisc and VHS covers. (I think that Kami would be very proud of me. I even found the exact same font. [​IMG])
    Why do I say that HRTC will probably be out soon? Because It worked before! I converted my Indiana Jones widescreen videos to DVD-R, and two months later comes the official announcement that IJ is coming to DVD! [​IMG] (Murphy and his laws are all dead when I catch up with them.)

Because I've gone through all of this, and I still have several more hours to go to create the DVD and so forth, this can mean only one thing ... Warner will probably be releasing HRTC soon thus making all of this effort unnecessary - after I put forth the effort of course.

Considering that this year is the 20th anniversary (at least according to the laserdisc), I find it difficult to believe that HRTC apparently hasn't gotten the attention of anyone at Warner. My God, the John Barry soundtrack alone is deserving of a 5.1 remix!

So, does anyone have a scoop on this?

2. John H Ross

John H Ross Screenwriter

Oh god, I hope you're right. I want a digitally remastered DVD of this movie SO bad!

My pan/scan (spit) NTSC laserdisc is kinda weird. The tint/hue varies on Side 1 and Side 2. I think Side 2 is slightly greener. Weird.

So which studio owns this movie? Has anybody been able to figure it out?

John

3. Sean Dayton

Sean Dayton Stunt Coordinator

Hope so, My laser copy suffers from rot. I dont see this title on Ebay much either.

4. John_Berger

John_Berger Cinematographer

5. John O

John O Stunt Coordinator

This is probably my favorite "O'Malley" movie and I would grab a copy as well.

signed
    John O'Malley [​IMG]

BTW, is Lassiter out on DVD yet?