High Resolution Formats Like BD and UHD BD with Artifacting Problems?

Kaskade1309

Second Unit
Real Name
S
2k di upscales are upscales.
You'll get some artifacts from filling the space with made up info, or whatever. Professionally done, or not. Ironically it's the simple scenes where you notice it. As there isn't as much differing material on screen to duplicate to hide the upscale. But 2k di upscales have more issues with contrast it seems. The thing you quoted has to do with discs and space and Dolby vision. I think if it's an upscale than they can easiler fit the dv onto a 66 uhd.
I just got a sound set up. It's nice.
Good to hear from you again.

A couple of things, though: First, why would artifacts show up on the FINAL 2160p transfer/presentation of the disc, when sending this signal directly to a 4K display? Do you see what I mean? It's not like the Panasonic is upscaling the disc to a different resolution (such as when playing DVD or regular Blu-ray) -- it's just putting out 2160 to a 2160 resolution display. So why would there be scaling artifacts there?

Also -- if this is the case, why hasn't anyone else I've asked to check this for me reported seeing it (also using Panasonic disc players)?

Kaskade1309

Second Unit
Real Name
S
It's a digital upscale. It's zooming in on a picture made of squares?
I see what you're saying...but, as I asked above, why would this affect playback of the 2160 native source? See what I am getting at? In other words, the film was upscaled from a 2K DI to 4K in the DISC MASTERING process...but when it plays back through a BD player, it is sending out the FINISHED 2160 signal...

Why would artifacts appear then?

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichCMovies