1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

High quality ply wood?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Shane Morales, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Shane Morales

Shane Morales Second Unit

I'm trying to find information on different types of plywood that comes in 4'x8' sheets. My local HD and Lowes don't have any (how lame is that?). Does anyone know of any web sites that have pictures of various types of high quality plywood?

The intended use for a flexy rack.

2. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

Baltic or 'apple' ply comes in sheets that are ~5'X5'. It's a metric thing....
    Home Depot will special order it.

3. Aaron Howell

Aaron Howell Stunt Coordinator

Trying looking under "plywood" in your phonebook. I live in the metro-detroit area and was suprised to find an all plywood store. I can get any plywood(almost all in stock) there, and usually much cheaper than HD and Lowe's. MGP was only $62 a sheet for 3/4", 5x5 Baltic Birch in 19mm was $42.

4. Allen Ross

Allen Ross Supporting Actor

damn it was 55 for my 5X5 BB 13 Ply at the only place that i could find it. Heheh i ordered 2 3/4 and one 1/2 inch just for the heck of it. But hey it was free shipping. You know your addicted when you order wood just because.

5. Aaron Howell

Aaron Howell Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG] I know what you mean. My gf gives me a mean look every time she sees the mdf pile in the basement. [​IMG]

6. Michael S

Michael S Agent

Just purchased a few sheets of 4 x 8 3/4" quality indoor birch/maple surfaced ready to finish sand plywood at HD--they often have this pseudo-imitation of baltic birch in stock in a bin--it is very flat, without voids, and very good quality--with light sanding, it finishes very well and only costs $34.99/sheet. You might have your HD check with other area HD's. Good luck.

Michael S.

7. Jeff Stiger

Jeff Stiger Extra

Are both marine grade and furniture grade plywood free of voids?

-Jeff

8. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer