High Quality Multi Disc DVD/CD Player???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul Fa, Nov 17, 2002.

1. Paul Fa

Paul Fa Stunt Coordinator

Hi,
    Sorry if this is similar to other threads, but I do have a serious question - Given that Multi players usually won't be of a similar quality to a high-end single disc player....If you were going to buy one, who makes the highest quality device out there??? I like the idea of simplifying my DVD/CD storage situation and keeping them in a (relatively) dust-free environment. I would probably need at least one 300 disc player. Do high-end models have component and digital optical outs? Progressive Scan? How are the DAC's? Any problems/issues I should know about??
    Thanks!!

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Paul, a player you should look at is the Kenwood Sovereign DV-5900M, which is a 400+3-disc DVD-Audio megachanger. It offers progressive-scan (no chroma bug), DVD-Audio, and of course, CD playback. It is a well-regarded unit. Crutchfield sells it for $1200. See www.crutchfield.com for more information. There aren't too many other progressive-scan DVD megachangers. Another to consider is the Sony DVP-CX875P 301-disc unit, which goes for around $500. It doesn't offer SACD or DVD-Audio, and I don't know how it rates on the video side. Sony players are known to show the chroma bug, and the 'CX875P may follow in that "tradition". [​IMG]