What's new

High-quality Dreamcast cables? (1 Viewer)

Jason Handy

Second Unit
Does anybody have a suggestion for where to get good quality Dreamcast cables? The cables that come with the system (and the official Dreamcast S-video cable I bought last night) look like they both ignored the concept of shielding.

Also, please post personal experiences with the various cables. Thanks!

Jason

Rich Allen

Second Unit
Real Name
Rich Allen
I've been looking myself and I've come to the conclusion that they don't exist. If anyone comes up with them though, I'm interested also.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Im not sure if this is much better, but here's a suggestion: get a Naki VGA box. it has Svideo out when set to non-VGA. So guess if you bought hi-quality Svideo cables and hooked it up to the VGA box it would be okay...

Whether or not the signal betwen the DC and the VGA box is subject to interference, im not sure.

Anthony_J

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't had any problems with the Pelican S-Video adapter (it's the one that works for Playstation 1 or 2, N64, and Dreamcast.) Then again, I don't usually get a lot of interference from the crappiest of cables.

14.99 at Bestbuy.com

Jason Handy

Second Unit
I am trying to track down a VGA box, and found one at levelsix.com but they have had my order for 2 weeks now and have no apparent inention to ever ship it. Thankfully I have not yet been charged for it, but it still sucks. Anybody have a better idea where to go for one of these?

Jason

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Many places should still have them... Those chain electronics stores, EB, ebgames.com ebay.com...

Matt Broeska

Stunt Coordinator
if i wanted to get the vga cable and hook it up to a set of component cables, how do i connect the two? audio authority has a converter box, but it's $179 usd. would a cable like this work? or do you need something stupid expensive like this box?
any info would be great, thanks.

Jason Handy

Second Unit
Matt,

I think you need the stupid expensive box, but you can get a cheaper model from a different company, the 9A60 (...experts help me here...) for about $110. Basically, the 15-pin to BNC cable you pointed to is not compatible with component cables.

In summary, you need the VGA box for Dreamcast, a vga cable, the VGA-component converter box, and a set of component cables. Has anybody out there tried this? I wonder how much interference is introduced with so many connections? Thanks

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks