High Quality Component Cables for Long Runs?

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Cam, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Cam

Cam Auditioning

I am setting up my projector on back side of the room mounted to the ceiling, with the rest of my equipment at the front of the room under the projected image. I bought a 50ft and 25ft component cable, both gave me a greenish decoloration rolling up the screen because of the long cable run/not-so-great quality cable I assume. But I still need a high quality component cable that is at least 40ft long, and won't have the common negative side effect of long cable runs. Can someone point me out the a good set of cables that will not have this problem?

2. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

I've got 25' long runs that don't give me any problem so it is possible with quality cable.

3. DaveD'

DaveD' Stunt Coordinator

4. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

Cam,
    I would at least experiment before getting anymore cables.
    What I mean is, put your source components right below your projector, and try the cables from there. Or try a short pair of something else and see what happens. We sometimes use very long runs of component cables(we use
    RG-6) and they still seem to work.

It just doesn't seem like a discoloration rolling up the screen would be caused by poor video cables. A rolling line is usually a ground loop issue via cable or other electrical issue- do some experimenting.

oh, and if it does turn out to be the cabling, BlueJeans is a great place to buy from...