What's new

High quality cables for Multichannel playback ? (1 Viewer)

anthony_b

Screenwriter
When I first purchased my DVD-A player, I was able to dig out some entry level monster cable I had in my garage somewhere just to play my first multi-channel DVD-Audio disc.

Now I'm considering upgrading my cables, is it worth it ?
...Which cables are you using for multi-channel playback ?

Rob Rodier

Supporting Actor
That is entirely up to you. I would say yes. Many will tell you no.

If you are interested, I know a guy who custom makes interconnects that are supposed to be very good and cheap.(I think they start at around $40 per .5 meter for their entry level cable, 99.9% silver) I can foward you the info (comprehensive). Their site is supposed to be up next month.

I have no affiliation

-rob

AaronD

Stunt Coordinator
IXOS makes some 6 channel analog audio interconnects, you can get them starting at around $50 from AC4L.. I don't own any of these, but it's a planned purchase for me once I get a switch and ICBM in place. Right now I'm using radio shack gold AV cables to make the connection from SACD to receiver, I can't complain. My main reason for wanting the IXOS is that I use mostly IXOS in my system and they take up a lot less space than 6 individual RCA cables.
As far as sound quality, I just think you need quality cables. I haven't had my life changed by using $200 cables vs. $30 cables. Some people will tell you differently. If you can tell the difference between really expensive cables and good quality cables then go right ahead... It's always a personal preference.
-Aaron

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Anthony, cables can make a difference in a good system. You should consider a cable upgrade, but you will have to see if your system can bring out the differences. My home-theater system is mid-fi, so I am just using Radio Shack Gold Series and Monster Interlink 400mkII cables for multi-channel SACD and DVD-Audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks