What's new

high power plate amps, any word? (1 Viewer)

Brad Dixon

Stunt Coordinator
Are the high power plate amps still in the works or does it look like it won't be a viable venture?
If push comes to shove I could always save a little longer and use one from Adire if I can't talk my wife into a rack amp.

Thanks,
Brad

Brad Dixon

Stunt Coordinator
Chris,
Just for any word on the amps that John(sp?) at Stryke and Kyle at Acoustic-visions had mentioned. They were looking into high power(2k watts) plate amps at low impedances(1 or 2 ohm) for ~$500. I know there are some that Adire sells but they are a little pricey for me at the moment.

Brad

Chris Carswell

Supporting Actor
Ah....
I never followed that thread very much.
Anyway there is a 600 watt @ 2 ohm plate amp Meniscus Audio sells for $395 with all the bells & whistles :)

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
The amp is still in the works but had to be put on the backburner while the Stryke AV series & Tumult preorders were completed. John is also working on some items for CES that will require his attention for the next several weeks.

A

Anthony_Gomez

Kyle, when I last spoke with John (a while ago), he said he would not be at CES. Is someone else going to display some of his stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks