What's new

High Plains Drifter ? (1 Viewer)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Is the current DVD for this is a bare-bones flipper with the widescreen being non-anamorphic? If so, the prices I've seen seem a little steep. Does anyone have any info or heard anything regarding a new release?

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
The disc is not a flipper. The R1 release is non-anamorphic widescreen, but the R2 is anamorphic. R1 extras are just a trailer and some production notes and cast info. If this were a Warner title, it likely would be up for a re-do as part of that studio's Clint Eastwood Collection. But since it belongs to Universal, there's no telling.

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
Wasn't there just a thread saying that Universal would dedicate most of next year to catalog releases though?
Admittedly that does not have to mean re-releases, but in this case I certainly hope so :D

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Any updates as to a re-release on this? I've searched the web and found nothing other then the original DVD release.

avoid the Region 1 disc....the current one is a massive joke

full of debris in the print........I actually took this back to A&B sound as defective because of this and they took it back

Frank@N

Screenwriter
quote:If so, the prices I've seen seem a little steep.
Bought my copy used at Coconuts/FYE/Strawberries for $7.
Didn't watch it yet but I'm sure it's worth at least that much.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Bumping this old thread again to see if there's been any talk of a new release or special edition of this classic? I've avoided the barebones release for years in hope of a better version.

Jeff Reis

Stunt Coordinator
Am I mistaken or is High Plains Drifter not a new transfer in that 3-movie Eastwood pack that Universal released maybe last year (with Joe Kidd and Sister Sara)? I recall the packaging saying it was anamorphic.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
It's in anamorphic in an Eastwood box set put out by Universal with good transfers of JOE KIDD and TWO MULES FOR SISTER SARA. I got the box for $10 at Best Buy on sale last year.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Jeff Reis said:
Am I mistaken or is High Plains Drifter not a new transfer in that 3-movie Eastwood pack that Universal released maybe last year (with Joe Kidd and Sister Sara)? I recall the packaging saying it was anamorphic.
Yes, you are correct. That 3-movie pack came out several months ago.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Haden said:
But no individual re-release of that new transfer eh? :frowning:
For $10-$13 for the CLINT EASTWOOD: WESTERN ICON COLLECTION, does it need to be? Just consider JOE KIDD and TWO MULES FOR SISTER SARA bonus features...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks