What's new

High pitched squell from tv??? (1 Viewer)

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
I have a 36" sony Vega XBR & have the most annoying squell from it.It only dose this every once in awhile but it drives me insane when it dose it,my wife sayes she cannot hear it but it is defently there.There is no pertickler time when it dose it or what source or video input your useing it is completley random.The weired thing is if I go over & lift up on the back of the set just a slight bit it will stop,but the secound I put it down it starts again.Has anybody ever had this problem before I cannot stand it anymore?

One last thing Please refrane from the ever so popular sony bashing comments as I have had other non sony tv do this also (not to offend anyone I just get tired of the sony is junk comments)Thanks for any help...

Tom Weeks

Stunt Coordinator
I had a Sony that did this for years. I had the repairman out several times trying to fix it--never did. You are right, it's very annoying. The only fix I found was getting a new set. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks