What's new

High pitch buzzing from Samsung DLP fan??? (1 Viewer)

Craig Aguiar

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all. I have a Samsung HLN4365W1 DLP projo. When ever the cooling fan comes on I can hear a SUPER anoying really high pitch buzzing sound. It's been happenging so long now i can't remember if it started when i got the TV. My wife seems to think it's a new problem which leads me to think it can be repaired. I was just wondering if this is something others have encountered as well? I plan on sending it in for waranty. I just want to know what to expect (is this a problem with all Samsungs and will it continue to be a problem even after waranty work is done).

Thanks, Craig

Justin^W

Agent
A fan can start to get loud and whiny after a while... maybe call up Samsung and see if they will fix it. Or if you got an EW, try that. maybe someone else will know more.

JimKr

Stunt Coordinator
That sounds more like the color wheel sound the original poster is describing. Google or search here for "DLP color wheel screech" or similar.

Craig Aguiar

Stunt Coordinator
It goes away right after the cooling fan shuts down so I think it is that. Would colour wheel screech not happen all the time?

Craig

Bred

Auditioning
Real Name
Barbara
I have a Samsung DLP and have the same problem. My set is 5 years old.The picture is still perfect. The sound started 2 years ago and I was under warranty. They told me the sound is from the color wheel. They basically replaced the entire guts. It's all one big part. it was fine for 2 years,Now I hear it again and I have the same problem. I am almost insane with that noise. I hear it even after the TV is off. I thought at first it was my new U-Verse system but they replaced the box so I know it's the TV.I wonder if the LCD does the same thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks