What's new

High Flow Shower Heads, where can I find one? (1 Viewer)

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
Does this thread make anyone else think about the Seinfeld episode where Kramer and Neuman go to the russian black-market shower head dealer after their condo board installs low-flow heads?

"Yes, this one is powerful. Is used for washing elephants."

"Yeah! That's the one I want!"

-Max

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Don't laugh but I bought a cheap shower head for $2.99 from WalMart that is the best one I've ever had. They're shrink-rapped in plastic and provide tons of hot water.

Mario Bartel

Stunt Coordinator
This thread has officially changed my life!

I've been fretting about the pathetic flow of water from my shower for months, thinking it had something to do with plumbing problems we've been having in my building. I never knew about the mysterious black stopper manufacturers build into their shower heads to restrict the water flow until I came here!

So I took mine apart, removed the stopper with its three tiny holes, and let the good times roll. OUCH! There CAN be too much of a good thing.

I've now cut out the center part of the stopper, between the three tiny holes, reinstalled the stopper and it is PERFECT!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yup, definitely use the washer/stopper remover method. I don't remember what brand I have, some really popular one with the massage head that you can get at Target or Home Depot. Just dug out the washer/stopper inside and voila, instant water pressure increase!
Still, I don't take long, luxuriant showers, but I don't like the fact that I peed harder than the water coming out of the shower... :D

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
That would be the Body Spa from Kohler:
Link Removed
Or if you want "high-flow" they have the shower tower which is basically a waterfall coming out of your wall. (and people wonder why the nation's aquafers are being depleted)

Hugh M

Second Unit
yes this is ground-breaking territory.

if your shower-head is loud then odds are that it is restricting the waterflow. first sign of trouble there.

on another note, if there were more people living in our house, I don't think there would be enough hot water without skimming a little.

so be sure that the "other" shower has a water restricting shower-head on it.

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
I say convert your showerhead, but take shorter showers. Under a low flow it takes forever to get the shampoo out, so with high flow I figure:

less time * more water = more time * less water

-Max

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
Well, the Seinfeld shower head episode was on tonight. It seemed even funnier than before. :)
One thing I noticed was during the scene when they are looking at the shower heads that the guy is selling out of the back of his van, many of them looked familar. In fact, the model Kramer chose was the "Sunflower" design that I mentioned before. One also looked like the Speakman Anystream 6 jet model.
What can I say, I am easily amused.
-Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks