hiding wires form sides?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Jeremy Scott, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Jeremy Scott

Jeremy Scott Second Unit

The cheap cart that i had my reciever, dvd player, and gamecube on was about to break so i bought a cheap $80 audio stand from walmart.

I was not really sure of what kind i wanted so instead of paying $100+, so i picked this up for now.

It matches my 36" HDTV and stand pretty good, but you can see all the wires from the side which is annoying.
    is there any way to cover them up?
    I thought maybe setting a crawling plant on top and letting it come down the sides.

any other ideas?

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Have you read my How to hook up your new HT reciever thread?

Reciever on the bottom helps by letting the speaker wires flow onto the floor.

Now you can bundle the interconnects with black-plastic tubing (split-loom) from Radio Shack to give it a better look.

3. Jeremy Scott

Jeremy Scott Second Unit

so you are sayingt o put my reciever on the bottom shelf, about 1 inch off the floor?

4. TylerZ

TylerZ Stunt Coordinator

You can also pick up that split corrugated plastic tubing from Home Depot. It comes in three sizes (diameters) for different size wire. Look in the electrical dept. It really cleaned up the way my speakers wires look running up the stands.

5. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Yes. There are about 5 small reasons for this. It's not worth it if you already have everything wired up. But the reciever on the bottom helps organize the cables a bit more naturally and simplifies getting to the other devices.

You want 3 separate bundles of wires:

- AC power wires
    - Speaker wires
    - Interconnects

Putting the receiver on the bottom lets the speaker wires flow out/away from everything else. Now you just have to organize the AC power cords, and interconnects.