What's new

Hiding Speaker Cables (1 Viewer)

Brian_Cal

Auditioning
First time here, Home Theater rookie!!
I am setting up a HT in my living room and want to get some ideas how to hide the speaker wires. The speakers will be placed on the wall about 6' up. I can't run the wires in the walls due to fire stops between the wall studs. I don't feel like cutting into the walls either.
Any ideas???

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Brian,
Welcome to the Forum!
It looks like you’re limited to surface treatments like Wire Mold and Panduit to hide the wires. You can find something suitable at Home Depot or Lowes.
By the way, I think 6-ft. up is kind of low. You get more of an enveloping sound with the speakers higher, plus it is more difficult to localize the speakers when they are further away from the ear.
Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
------------------
My Equipment List

John.W

Agent
There is also some stuff called Wire Tape. Its flat with a sticky back. And it's paintable.

Rob Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
Another more labor intensive option is just cutting into the drywall enough to stuff the wires. Then just mudd over them after securing the top and bottoms (So they don't pull out). A little paint and it's good as new.
Personally I'd go for the paintable wire tape or run conduit. But it depends on the room and how clean a look you need.
-Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks