Hiding Equipment Question

vettenut67

Auditioning
Real Name
Jerry Chabino
I want to mount my LCD on a wall and have all my equipment hidden from view in a nearby cabinet. What do I need to be able to switch channels, DVD and VCR on/off functions etc.
Thanks in advance,

Jerry

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
either an Ir repeating system or an RF Remote control.

The RF Remote would be a better choice in my opinion. I would suggest looking at the Home Theater Master Mx-850. with the MRF-300 Base Module.

This is a learning Remote which will learn all commands from all your other remotes. Then Transmit the IR code Via RF (radio Frequency) to the MRF-300 base station which converts it back to IR to operate the components that are concealed The range is amazing you can operate all your equipment from anywhere in the house.

There are other brands out there that will also do the same thing. I'm just most fimular with the mx-850, Mx-1000 as that is the only remote that we use in all of our installations.

Other than that... you just have to get your wiring from the equipment area to the TV. As long as you have a video switching A/V Receiver you should know what you need as far as Video lines to the TV.

That's it!...

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akhenax