What's new

HiDef finally! (1 Viewer)

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I finally am getting hidef after taking Dish Network offer of free stuff......
I tried to stay with direct but they offered NO incentives even after I told them I was changing..........but when I called to cancel service, all of a sudden they offered me the 99 buck deal..........

I ended up with the 811 and 522 receivers and am happy with the change. The HiDef signals are simply fantastic and we find ourselves watching them regardless of content just to see the hidef resolution! Kinda makes regular channels look blurry........but at least regular channels are much better than the cable mess I tried last week.

There is definitely some tv/receiver setup involved according to the tv you actually have. Mine being a standard 4:3 hdtv, setup took a little figuring out to find the best combination of settings. But with a little patience, those HD channels are simply astounding. Even the older movies on hdnet are great..... watched K2 last night and it was astonishing.......and when my gf will sit and watch a basketball game with me, you gotta know something special is happening.....LOL

It IS worth the hassle. Can't wait til there are more channels available........

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Robert..... Not right now...... I am looking into info on antennas required for our location....... at this point it appears I will need a tall, large directional with a preamp setup.... not sure I wanna do all that for the small amount of local station viewing we actually do....... we actually get a pretty good pic on locals although it certainly isn't as good as those HD channels.......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks