What's new

Hidden Fortress question (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Rokurota goes off to find a new container for the gold, leaving the two peasants alone with the princess. They look at her sleeping form with lust (and, one must admit, she is rather delectable), and then one says, "One of us is going to disappear for a while. Let's draw straws." My question was going to be, were they planning to take turns raping her? As I type this, it's quite obvious. The only problem I was having was why one would disappear. I thought he was saying, "If I win the draw, I disappear." Obviously, he meant, the other would disappear, leaving them alone. Is this how the rest of you see it?

Henry C

Stunt Coordinator
I think they were talking about the gold. As I remember, they started to leave with the gold and she slept. I don't think they were interested in her sexually, I think they were more concerned with the gold.
Henry

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
mmmm, I dunno Henry. I thought they were definitely drawing to see who'd shag her, but then, the translation does suggest what you propose; granted the translation isn't the best. It is far too "updated" for my tastes. Could this also be a translation flub? Their facial expressions just seem to have lustful intent behind them, but then, that could very well be gold-lust. This only gives me yet another reason to watch again! :) As for why one would leave, I don't know about you, but I don't really like an audience when I'm raping a girl.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Who made it?! The Shark!?!"
Please sign this Hammer Films petition, thanks!
http://www.petitiononline.com/Hammer/petition.html

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Henry, I'll have to watch that scene with your take in mind. That would be preferrable, because rape would change them from likeable to detestable in my eyes. In either case, it was great when the peasant girl grabbed the rock.
If it was rape they had in mind, I don't think they'd get very far. That princess brandishes a stick with more force than anyone I've ever seen! And, if they were successful, having to face Rokurota would not be good.
BTW, this was supposed to be posted in Movies. Sorry.
blush.gif

Henry C

Stunt Coordinator
Greg,
It's been a while since I saw the movie, so my memory is a little fuzzy. I just remember distinctly how overly consumed those two were with the gold. It overrode almost anything else in their mind. So that's why I thought that was the case. But by no means am I positive. I would be interested to hear your take on the matter if you watch the movie again.
Henry

Ken Situ

Stunt Coordinator
I thought they were thinking about raping the Princess, and one (loser in the draw) were to disappear until the job is done so to speak.

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
I'm with Ken on this, I can remember feeling they meant for the princess, not the gold.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I see a move to Movies in your future.
wink.gif

------------------
-Kevin M.
"Have a good time all the time........that's my philosophy, Marty."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks