Hidden Figures (2016)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Title: Hidden Figures (2016)

Tagline: Meet the women you don't know, behind the mission you do.

Genre: Drama, History

Director: Theodore Melfi

Release: 2016-12-10

Runtime: 127

Plot: The untold story of Katherine G. Johnson, Dorothy Vaughan and Mary Jackson – brilliant African-American women working at NASA and serving as the brains behind one of the greatest operations in history – the launch of astronaut John Glenn into orbit. The visionary trio crossed all gender and race lines to inspire generations to dream big.

No comments on this movie? It just opened. Surprised no to find anything on it. I have not seen it yet so I can't comment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've seen the trailers for it. It looks like it could be good. I hope it makes it up to my neck of the woods.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The promotion on it seems to be of the "best-kept-secret" variety.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Not big screen worthy for me, but for sure a rental. Looks pretty good.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Cathy and I got free promo vouchers for any film showing at The Lot theaters here in San Diego County. We picked 'Hidden Figures' and we are seeing it later today.

Mark

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
I Hidden Figures today and was reasonably entertained and educated. However, it's not really a very well made film. IMO, it views like many other "true story feel good" films, you can see the cliches and plot movements coming a mile in advance. Cookie-cutter.

Doesn't make the true stories any less compelling, but I felt like i should read a book on the leading ladies to really get to know them.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
My wife and I LOVED 'Hidden Figures'. The Booth Bijou gives it 5 out of 5 stars. I can't wait to show it in the Booth Bijou Garage Theater.

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
BTW, it's my understanding that the film is reasonably historically accurate. That it sticks pretty close to the real events.

However, there was one MAJOR historical inaccuracy in the film. Inaccurate throughout the ENTIRE film...

I don't recall seeing a single person smoking a cigarette. Not one. It was quite refreshing.

Phillip Morris executives must be crapping their pants.

Mark

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Saw a trailer for it yesterday, looked interesting, and it's been a while since I saw Kevin Costner in anything. Read a bit about it later, having never heard of the story. I might wait for the blu at home, but you never know ;)

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
Enjoyed it. Well acted and a very interesting story that I knew nothing about. Certainly worth checking out. Other than A BEAUTIFUL MIND the only movie I can think of that celebrates Math and those who have a gift for it. There was applause at the end, which is a rarity these days.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Perhaps they were looking for the alternate title ... Hidden Fences ! ;)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed it. Math and Science > Racism.

I give it 3 stars, or a grade of B.

Last edited:
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks