What's new

Hidden Figures (2016) (1 Viewer)

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
It's a well-made movie of a story that needed to be told. Inspirational and well acted, I can see why it has caught the popular eye. However, in my opinion, this year has seen the release of superior films dealing with African-American life which unfortunately failed to find the same kind of success: Moonlight; Fences; Loving. Check out these three titles, Loving in particular, which runs parallel in time and place with Hidden Figures, and which deals with the landmark Supreme Court case that struck down the miscegenation laws in the United States.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's a well-made movie of a story that needed to be told. Inspirational and well acted, I can see why it has caught the popular eye. However, in my opinion, this year has seen the release of superior films dealing with African-American life which unfortunately failed to find the same kind of success: Moonlight; Fences; Loving. Check out these three titles, Loving in particular, which runs parallel in time and place with Hidden Figures, and which deals with the landmark Supreme Court case that struck down the miscegenation laws in the United States.
I'm just happy such films are being released. Loving and Moonlight never made it to my city. I did see Fences. I have the Blu-ray of Loving on preorder.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Despite the racism and sexism, the movie is a crowd pleaser and a good time.
To be clear, the movie depicts racism and sexism but is not condoning it. I found myself wincing several times watching the movie. It portrays a time not that long ago.

We saw the movie today and loved it. At the end the audience applauded here in Little Rock.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Saw it today. Thought it was excellent. Well acted and a real crowd pleaser. My audience also cheered at the end. :thumbsup:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I thought it was a good film. It showed the kind of institutional racism that was faced, but still managed to be upbeat and positive in showing how the women were able to overcome not only the racism, but sexism too.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I watched Hidden Figures and then followed up with The Right Stuff. I got me a whole new perspective on that 1983 film by doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks