What's new

Hi!you guys! (1 Viewer)

Yumi

Stunt Coordinator
[SIZE=no]Hi! It's nice to be here!
I have been in HTF for three days in 'Movies'. But this is the first time I am here in "After Hours Lounge".
Tommy sent message to me asking for some information about SARS.So I am here to see what I can do here.
As for SARS, I don't know how much you guys have known about it already.I will let you know what I have known about it.
It first hit South China,especially HK and Guangdong Province.Later(two to three months later) it spread to Beijing. Now, Beijing is at the third place in the most dangerous-places list. Now shcools have to be closed. And people's normal life was thrown into confusion.
The way SARS spread is through respiration,especially the occasions when you close to the patients or potential patients.The reason for the trepidation is the high rate of chances being infected and the long delitescence without any symptom,about two days to twenty days. If the virus comes to work, it will apparently company with fever, dry cough.
Anyway, we still can do come precautions. Keep air ventilating in your room.Wash your hands often.Keep from going to the crowded.Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.Have good rest.Drink more water.
Well, hope it could over soon![/SIZE]

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Hi Yumi
Glad to see you here and thanks for the information! SARS is a scary subject since so little is known about it.
So do you have a home theater as such (DVD player etc) or are you just a big movie fan?
Stay safe
Grant

Yumi

Stunt Coordinator
[SIZE=no]Hi!Grant,
You are welcome!
I don't have a home theater yet.But I do have DVD player in my notebook.And also I am a big movie fan.
Thank you for the kind words.I will take care!
Hope everybody keep well!
;)
-Yumi[/SIZE]

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Hi Yumi, I have a bunch of uncles in Hong Kong and I was in Beijing 2 years ago, what a busy city! Actually, we were in Beijing about the same time the International Olympic Committee was there looking at Beijing for the 2008 summer olympics and the city was all decked out in lights and decorations. But anyway, I remember a bunch of the cities, people already walked around in facemasks just because of the dust. When we went to Xian, the city was very dusty and the pollution was high and people would be wearing facemasks. Neat place though, liked the walled city alot, too bad I missed the bike race on top of the wall!

We first flew to Hong Kong to see my cousin's wedding, then my parents and I flew to Xian, from Xian to Beijing, and then to Guangzhou (My father is from a village outside that town) eventually by ferry back to Hong Kong. (Then my sister and I flew to Hawaii by way of Japan to do some hiking.

Welcome to the HTF anyway!

Jay

Yumi

Stunt Coordinator
[SIZE=no]Hi!Jay,
Nice to know you!So you are Chinese-American, right?

Wow!£Õp to now,you are the first person I met here that know much about China.Will you plan to visit China again some time?
Yes, as a developing country, we still have a lot of things to be developped,including economy ,environment,controling the population ,etc.I am very proud of the success we have got.I am sure it will be better and better.;)
¡¡¡¡I am in the last year of my undergraduate life.£Éwill stay in Beijing as a graduate for another two years from this September.Hope we can meet in Beijng some time .
;)[/SIZE]

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Hiya Yumi and welcome to the forum, um is it pronounced 'Yoomi' or 'yummy'? ;)
I hope you enjoy this place, I've been a prisoner here for 3 years now, but I shouldn't complain, the food is good, the people nice, and if we behave we are allowed out in the courtyard for an hour...

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Hi Yumi, yup, I'm Chinese-American, an "ABC" though as I was born here. I'd love to go back, it was a great trip to see all my uncles and aunts (My father has like 11 brothers not all the same mom though) I liked Hong Kong except for loads of traffic, however, it is very cool city and lots of different sections and lots of shopping abounds. We stayed at an uncle's place in ShaTin.

When we were in Beijing, we did the usual "tourist" stuff but I just liked watching the city, every city has it's own pulse and it's great to watch all the cyclists running around. I'm the resident bike nut here and I am not used to see a ton of cyclists out there going places and mingling with cars and stuff. "Giant" seemed to be the only brand that I recognize that also has a US presense over there although I did see a guy with a Gary Fisher jersey on a road bike when in Hong Kong.

What are you studying in Beijing?

Oh, and don't mind Steve C, he is usually locked in his little cage, but every now and then, we here in After Hours, have to let him out for some air and R&R. :) I think there is a U.N. policy on Steve C here!

Jay

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to go back, it was a great trip to see all my uncles and aunts (My father has like 11 brothers not all the same mom though)
Hehe, it's this fun? My grandfather has three wives and a fuckload of children :D. Acutally around 15, perhaps more. Let's not even get into how many cousins I have. No, I am not chinese.

Welcome to HTF Yumi!

--
Holadem

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Oh and watch out for Jay H Yumi, he um loves tarantulas and other spiders, other people have cats or dogs, he keeps spiders.. as pets...:eek:
Now I'm trying to imagine Jay sitting in front of the tv with a huge hairy tarantula in one hand and stroking it with the other, like Blofeld and his white cat in the Bond films, eeeee :D

Yumi

Stunt Coordinator
[SIZE=no]
he um loves tarantulas and other spiders, other people have cats or dogs, he keeps spiders.. as pets...
Hi!Jay H,
Did you have a lot of fun with your pets?LOL
Anyway,if you want to tell me something about Steven C, let me know ahead of time!
;)
Your messages just started my day off!
Thanks again, you guys!
-Yumi[/SIZE]

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
My name is pronounced 'Yoomi'.Yummy is so cute too. Which one do you like better?
Well it depends... no I'm kidding Yumi, 'Yoomi' is a great name!:emoji_thumbsup:
What kind of films do you like? Chinese, American, European, Action, Comedy, spiders attacking people films, have you seen 'Eight Legged Freaks'? [ooh Jay loves that film!] :D

just joking Jay... ;)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I like all kinds of movies Yumi, Peter Jackson's 'Lord of the Rings' I liked a lot.

I also like a lot of Hong Kong movies, especially John Woo's movies, my favorite of his films is 'Bullet in the Head', a great film and I can't wait till it gets released on dvd over here.

My all-time favorite movie is an old classic epic, 'Ben-Hur' made back in 1959.

My all-time favorite spider movie is 'Arachnophobia', 1990.(eeek!) ;)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
welcome Yumi! or, I should say, "huan ying, huan ying" :D

I must ashamedly confess, though, I've never been to China (although I've been to Hong Kong and Taiwan). I must "return to roots" some day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks