What's new

Hi SVS! When can I expect the free new grill and port blockers for my Ultra??? (1 Viewer)

J

John Morris

Hi guys...

Previously you said they'd be shortly on the way...?

What is the latest timeline for this delivery of these items???

Thanks!

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
John,
The port blocker has been up on the site for some time now, it's free to Ultra customers who bought before it was available (we even pick up shipping), like you. We've send out quite a few as a matter of fact.
I don't believe we ever said the grill upgrade would be free however (if you can tell me where we said that I'll send you one, free, myself ;^). They are simply too expensive for us to do that. Around the end of the month we hope to have an upgrade/retrofit kit (up on the same parts page) which allows customers with the old style screw damping arrangement to have the same type damping system as those rolling off the line now. It'll take about 10 mintues to install and cost about $25. There is no sonic advantage, but it does look cleaner (no more screws pressing down) and allows 15 second installation or de-installation of the tuning block.
I should note that only the Plus, Ultra and SS models use the tuning block pictured here: Link Removed though any model could use the updated grill. The thumbnail on the Parts page is linked to a .pdf file on the Plus subs, I'll try to have the Ultra tuning chart up soon. Adobe's so-called "on line .pdf converion has been anything but reliable lately.
Ron

John Cain

Second Unit
I was going to ask if there was a chart that showed the Ultra with the port plug installed.

I assume it extends the bottom end but also lowers the 30-40Hz output as well??

Take care,

-- John

J

John Morris

Hi Ron,
Thank you very much for that info on the plugs and the grill. I realized that you only had previously said the plugs were free... but I thought I'd try anyway. :D
I'll probably wait to get the plugs at the same time that I'm getting the new grill. $25 for the new grill and plugs is well worth it if you ask me. Thanks!
Thanks also for emailing me the PDF Port Block tuning sheet.
As usual, SVS gives great customer service.

Andy Anderson

Second Unit
Rock on.
I'm keeping an eye on this too. I'll definitely be picking up a grill upgrade. UPS left a note on my door Friday about the port plug. Apparently they can't leave it without a signature. :) Anyway, I'll probably wait for the grill upgrade before I get into tuning. I'm actually moving to a new house in a month or so. There's room enough for 2 home theaters! Whoo-hoo! My prospective roommate has an HT with a Hsu VTF-2. Not a bad sub at all. Hopefully I'll convince him into buying an SVS!
Andy

John Cain

Second Unit
I'm the same way. I'll probably wait for the grill upgrade before rfiddling with the tuning plug.

-- John

Users who are viewing this thread