What's new

Hi, Speed - iPhone event confirmed for 10/13 (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
1602003100647.png

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
...yes, but reading the article it does suggest Macs with silicone processors will be announced in November

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What month is it? Do we have to live out the last 61 (er.. 62) days again? That's one thing missing from 2020. Having to repeat it.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Title says 10/13 doesn’t it?
Ya s'pose, just maybe, that someone changed it during the last 90 minutes? That was my intention. I just thought I'd have a little fun with it. Sorry.

Hmmm....

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Finally! :)

I’m buying. Not sure which model. Don’t know if I’m pre-ordering at launch or waiting to go to a store and compare sizes in hand. But definitely buying.

My wife is anxious about FaceID / doesn’t want to give up TouchID. So might wait to see how my new phone works before ordering one for herself.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The hoping against hope is that iPhone 12 has both, with the new TouchID power button added to the iPad Air.

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I'm probably upgrading as well (maybe to the 12 Pro 256GB)... and probably giving my 11 to my nearly-14-yo -- she's been using my old 7 and could probably use a bigger phone to maintain better/longer viewing distance (as the smaller screen and viewing distance are probably bad for her eyes).

My wife's eye-ing the Samsung and Microsoft duo-screen phablets, but might also end up w/ a 12 -- maybe the Pro Max. She's been making do w/ her old 7 Plus -- might give that to my mom as her 7 Plus is cracked and needs a new battery... and she's probably better off sticking w/ Touch ID and not have to learn new gestures and such...

Wish the expected new ATV4K(s) is coming this Fall as well...

_Man_

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I think I want the iPhone 12 Pro with standard storage. I can cope with 64GB, and 128 GB is beyond plenty. I think I want and am willing to pay for fancy cameras. While the AR features of the 8+ have been a bust, I've found I use and really like the portrait features. So more better cameras will probably be worth the premium. And I can't wait to get the low light features added the past two years.

But probably not the giganto devices. After life with the 8+, I appreciate the big screen, but overall don't want such a big device. If I were smart, I'd make some cardboard mockups of the rumored sizes to help decide.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I don’t know if I’ll upgrade to a 12 or an SE2 or just keep my 7+ for another year. Lots of moving pieces this year for me.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I don’t think I’ll be getting the big super iPhone this time.

My XS max or whatever it is called is coming on two years and still works fine plus
I really Have no interest in having payments on my bill for another two years on a $1300 phone.
Just don’t want to do that anymore.

Probably just wait and see what the lower level iPhone is going To be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks