HI - New to HTF, trying to decide between

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Ryan_GRB, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Ryan_GRB

Ryan_GRB Auditioning

Yamaha YHT-100, Kenwood HTB456, and Onkyo ONK-HTS660S. If anyone has any info, reviews or advice on any of these (or any other in a similar price range : up to $400) I would greatly appreciate it. I'm also in the market for a new DVD player under $150 - any suggestions? This will be my first home theater system and I'm trying to put something decent together for a moderate price. Thanks in advance.

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    The pre-packaged "home theater in a box" systems come with a DVD player - no need to buy one. As far as which one is best, you might be able to find something at AudioReview.com.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Hey there, Ryan, and welcome to the party. Since you're asking about specific models I moved your thread here. If you ever have questions about certain basic aspects of home theater by all means post in Basics. Good luck on your purchase. JB

4. ChrisLazarko

ChrisLazarko Supporting Actor

My uncle has the YHT-100 from Yamaha and I think it's a very nice unit for the price. If you don't have alot of money to spend and you need a decent system I would say that is the one to get... He has a fairly large room about 20x20 and those little speakers deliver. The surround effects sound very nice on it and I was suprised myself... Good luck with your decision.