What's new

Hi-Fi Show in NYC this weekend! (1 Viewer)

John Geelan

Screenwriter
How many Home Theatre Forum people wil be at this weekend's Hi-Fi Show at the NY Hilton?
I've got a small group going Saturday from ICE magazine.
I'm thinking of wearing my Home Theatre Forum polo shirt for identification.
Would be fun to meet other members and hobbyists!!
John Geelan
Massapequa Park, NY

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Home Theater Forum is meeting at 10am
at the Hilton.
I should be easy to recognize. I'll be
wearing a black T-shirt or polo with HTF logo.
I usually wear my favorite hat (I love hats)
which is a blue ADIDAS baseball cap.
I'm a short guy with moustache. Can't miss me! :)
------------------
ronbo.jpg

Ronald Epstein (pronounced like the English "Ronald Epstein")
Circa 2000
Home Theater Forum Administrator
All forum questions & to get on our private forum mailing list (new members)... Email: [email protected]
Problems with the webpage or site? Contact WEBMASTER
Email Packy [email protected]

John Geelan

Screenwriter
That's great news.
I'll be on the lookout for your group.
Should be an excellent show.
Hope there are many SACD/DVD-A displays!
John Geelan
Massapequa Park, NY

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
John Geelan:
Hello from Commack! We have a small contingent of locals that gather up once a month from around the Island! Wanna join us?
We will also be at the Hi-Fi show with the HTF group! :)
Drop me some email if you want to hang with us locals!
Eric.
------------------
Creative Audio Consultants, inc. Installs, calibrations, consultations.
DVD List:http://www.dvdtracker.com/~EricK
AOL IM screen name : EDKalet6

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I'm there Saturday, Ron, I'll look for the Group, I'll be wearing a DTS hat (if I can find it.)
------------------
If loving Home Theater is
wrong, I don't want to be
right!!!

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
I will be there saturday. My train doesn't get into Penn Station until 9:50, so I won't be making the "official" HTF Meet, but I hope to meet at least some of you throughout the day! I'll be wearing jeans & a "pistashio" HTF polo shirt (I swear, it looks good on the web site, but in life ... man, it looks like a lime that saw a ghost! :D ). Other identifying characteristics ... overweight, bearded & wearing glasses.
Hope to meet some of you!
------------------
pat----
home: [email protected] ... office: [email protected]
no home page yet, so ...
Link Removed ---==*==--- DVD Collection

Jeff_P

Stunt Coordinator
If anyone is going on Friday and wants to meet up, let me know? I am going to get there for about 12:00.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
If anyone not already on my dinner list wants to join us, you may still be able to if you email me BY FRIDAY EARLY AFTERNOON at [email protected]. We are going to Dallas BBQ, about 10 blocks from the Expo, at quarter to 4 pm. (Some people need to get going early, and those who don't *can* re-enter the expo afterwards.)
Note that I need to place our order ON FRIDAY, so if you want to join us YOU MUST COMMIT TO IT and tell me if you want chicken, ribs, or the chicken/ ribs combo. All are under $20 including tax, tip, drink & sides.
See y'all there!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Hi gang!
Just an update. Since the group has dropped down to 20 people (from 35!), we will just order normally, off the regular menu. The cost will end up being about the same, but we'll have more choices of what to get (I highly recommend the turkey burger with crispy onions on it, actually). This is of course especially good for our one vegetarian compatriot! :)
Note that our reservation is still at 4 pm, so meet up at the prescribed time as planned. See y'all then!

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
I just returned from the show and it was a bit of a disappointment for me. Mind you, I went to the CES earlier this year, so my hopes might have been a bit too high. First off, let me say this is a show that Mike Knapp would really appreciate. There is an abundance of high end 2-channel audio there (very little HT comparatively). There were setups there where the speakers are set up so far away from the rear wall, that it was closer to the front wall. There were wires there that looked like vacuum cleaner tubes. The sweet spot for these setups were about the size of a 6" square.
My biggest gripe, though, is the organization. The elevator scene is a nightmare!!! Do not get on an elevator until you absolutely have to. There are long waits and you are jammed in when you do manage to catch one. There were times where I took an elevator down and remained in it to go up, because the up elevator never happened. Then you have to have your badge scanned everytime you enter a certain area, and definitely after you leave an elevator.
On the upside, there are a few nice HT setups that will impress you. The Vidikron setup is a nice one, expertly set up by Michael Levy. Amazing HD pic--super sharp and colorful. The Seleco booth was a messup because they never got the right screen there. The HT 250 looked decent--we had to hop into a limousine to get to see the new HT200DM projector. If you do go, make sure you have them toggle between the internal scaler and the Sony 9000's. There were some artifacts with the internal that we did not see on the 9000.
------------------
My Home Theater Pics
My Equipment List
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Agree 1000% with everything Mike said!
One other thing, the surprise of the show for me was the Outlaw Audio guys, check them out, they have a nice demo and REALLY made me understand the Bass management problems DVD Audio has very quickly.
Also the dinner was great fun and an amazing value. I like Virgils much better food wise but the atmosphere and value are hard to beat at Dallas!
Nice seeying you all there.
Sam
PS Good luck with your new business Mike!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks