What's new

Hi everyone (1 Viewer)

hopeyeu

Auditioning
Real Name
Hope
I'm really happy that I found this forum. I've been watching movies at home since the VCR days. I got my first mono VCR in 1985 at the age of 15. I've been renting movies frequently since that date. When I grew up and had my first job I got my first receiver along with a HiFi VCR. Was really happy with the improvement. Later was a DVD player and my second Receiver with DTS sound. Again another huge improvement. Finally a few months ago I got my first Blu-ray player but i have no receiver yet and was counting with your advise to get my first HDMI 3D ready receiver. I don't have a big budget to get it so keep that in mind when giving me advise. I'll post a formal question in the hardware begginers forum. Please follow that post if you are willing to help me. Thanks in advance!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm really happy that I found this forum. I've been watching movies at home since the VCR days. I got my first mono VCR in 1985 at the age of 15. I've been renting movies frequently since that date. When I grew up and had my first job I got my first receiver along with a HiFi VCR. Was really happy with the improvement. Later was a DVD player and my second Receiver with DTS sound. Again another huge improvement. Finally a few months ago I got my first Blu-ray player but i have no receiver yet and was counting with your advise to get my first HDMI 3D ready receiver. I don't have a big budget to get it so keep that in mind when giving me advise. I'll post a formal question in the hardware begginers forum. Please follow that post if you are willing to help me. Thanks in advance!
I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the major name, entry-level AVR's. Over the past 30 years I've had low- to mid-level receivers from JVC, Sony, Denon, and Yamaha and they've all worked dependably and sounded great (to me).

Bob Bielski

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Bielski
What Malcolm said is true. But what speakers you are using can make a difference in the power. All the chipsets and decoding are up to par in budget AVRs but the amplification can vary. If you are using less efficient speakers you may need high current ability. I have had several budget AVRS and 80 watts is enough to fill the average room with a powered sub. Welcome to the forum and there is a lot of good people here with a lot of experience to help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks