What's new

Hi everyone (1 Viewer)

Matthew Cook

Stunt Coordinator
Well I have been a member for a while but I have been reading not posting this is what I have so far. I have a room in the basement. My basement is 35ft long I made the theater room 12ft wide and 35ft long. (The basement is wider but I have a game room on the other side) I know thats a little tunnel like but In the back I am putting all 600 dvds 30 ps2 games and tons of cds. The back of the room opposite the Da-lite screen I have (it is 8ft by 6ft)will have a 4ft area before my first 2ft platform that my couch will set on. The second platform will be a foot tall which will also have a couch on it. I have a infocus X1 projector that is mounted on the ceiling. As far as sound I have all RCA componets I know it is kinda of cheap but I am only 24 what do you expect! I have a 500 watt dolby digital a/v receiver which powers the center, front left and right and the middle speakers. I have a 300watt powered sub handles the bass and powers the rear left and right speakers. I have been pondering the acoustic foam for wall covering you know the egg foam stuff that you would see in radio staions. What do you think? I like the way the Cinemax home theater looks but dont want the glamous look I want a nice looking theater. I like the way they used fabric is that easy to do.Can somebody help with the wall covering. I need a supper cheap solutions that will look nice

Jason Kirkpatri

Second Unit
Hey Mathew,

Sounds like you have a lot of stuff but no real plan for it all. I'm assuming that nobody is responding to your post because it is too open-ended.

I suggest you come up with some concrete ideas, evaluate them, and then ask for "judgement" on your selected idea. Do a search and you'll find a wealth of information that will guide you in determing a starting point for your room.

Try the AVS archives for their section on the home builder part of their forum. Lots (100+ pages) and lots of info.

Make a plan and present the plan to the membership. You'll have a better response.

Good luck,

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks